Starting the long road to a skinnier me

sammibee

Hello :wavey:

After initially joining here a couple years ago and not sticking with it (family illness, work, blah, the usual!) I'm back to give it another go.

I somehow managed to drop two stone in my absence by 'sort of' using the SW plan, but with a whole lot of bad days thrown in. After being scared to get on the scales I was very happy when I finally did, and thought that if I could do that 'sort of' following plan, then if I actually applied myself then who knew what I could do! I guess this is my way of trying to find out.

Due to financial restrictions (I have no finance... lol) I am going to be doing SW from home as best as I can, using all the info I can get.

As a total couch potato, I also want to try and get some exercise factored in too.. we shall see how that works out *crosses fingers*

Will try and follow the new EE SP plan but will probably have a few red days too. Please let me know if I am going wrong!

So here goes:

Breakfast: none, I know it's bad but I really can't cope with eating in the morning, will have to try harder

Lunch: Grilled tomatoes (S), Scrambled eggs (P), 2 slices WM toast from a 400g loaf, 2 tsps low fat spread (on toast and in the eggs) 2 syns

Dinner: Spicy chicken soup made from leftover garlic roast chicken, onions, garlic, carrots, ground coriander, stock from an oxo cube, parsley and cayenne pepper. P, but not S I would imagine. Really would like garlic bread but that's scary syn values.. will see how I feel

Drinks: Tea made with a splash of 1% milk, NAS flavoured water

Will figure out the healthy extras later on, had one B choice already, but not enough milk to make up an A choice

Ok, so yesterday didn't go entirely to plan due to hitting the Christmas chocs and a random packet of crisps just because it was there. I think I just about stayed within my syns though so not all is lost.

Today
Breakfast- none

Lunch: Bowl of soup leftover from yesterday and 1 slice 400g WM with 1 tsp light spread (half HEB and 1 syn)

Dinner: Pork and turkey from the freezer, potatoes roasted in frylight, cabbage, carrots and garden peas. Gravy (going to attempt and make the syn free one so will see how that goes, if not will syn the bisto!)

Will probably have a healthy snack tonight and try and avoid the tin of chocolates.

Drinks: Tea, 4 syns for sugar, and NAS sparkling water

Exercise: 40 minute walk

Ok, so yesterday was a write off. Meh! Never mind, will start again today. All the wrong food, not enough free, didn't have all the healthy extras. Still, in terms of calories I think was ok (yes I am trying to make myself feel better!)

Red day I think. Will monitor and see if it stays that way!

So, back on it..

Brunch (given up on breakfast, it doesn't work for me at all): Poached eggs, grilled tomato, 2 slices WM from 400g loaf, 2 tsp low fat spread, so 1 HEB and 2 syns. satsuma

Dinner: Gammon steak topped with pineapple and HEA of low fat cheddar, green beans, grilled tomatoes and garden peas

Snack later: HEB + HEA left over
Drinks: Tea with splash of 1% milk, flavoured sparkling water, water (really must get fluids up and not in a wine way!)

Syns: Probably some sugar in tea, and will see how the day goes
Exercise: 40 minutes on the Wii

Brunch: Tinned chopped tomatoes, grilled bacon, 2 slices WM from 400g loaf toasted with 2tsp low fat spread. HEB + 2 syns

Dinner: Probably SW chips, omelette (1 syn for oilas have not mastered cooking eggs in frylight at all) and spaghetti hoops, it's all haute cuisine around here tonight!

Will have something this evening too I expect, really struggling to have 3 meals a day - the old me would just go through 'til dinner so it's one hell of a learning curve.

Drinks:

Tea with splash 1% milk (won't be a whole HEA so will have some cheese maybe this evening), water.. so much water

Snacks:

Satsumas, some sliced meats. Maybe some quavers

Weigh in day! 7lbs off, although that's for a fortnight to be fair.

Today is treat day / date night as the small person is out for the night. Unsure what will be having so will edit later when I know more

Thank you! Like I said, that's a fortnight's worth!

Yesterday:

Brunch: Scrambled eggs, grilled tomatoes, 2 slices WM from 400g loaf and 2 tsp low fat spread. HEB and 2 syns

Dinner: Steak, garlic potatoes, mushrooms, grilled tomato and garden peas

Evening snack: some chicken bits and extra light mayo, quavers

Had some satsumas and grapes throughout the day, with tea and water to drink

Today:

Have woken up feeling dreadful with some nasty cold bug so haven't eaten yet, and really don't feel hungry at all.
All I know is that I am having Roast pork tonight. Will see how it goes

Ok, so the nasty cold bug turned into flu. Haven't been on plan, well, haven't eaten much at all to be fair, but when I have it's been fairly bad. Not going to list, just going to concentrate on getting better and then get right back on plan.

Well, that was a fun week - NOT! Still feeling fairly icky and I still can't talk (Well I can, but no-one can understand me)
I could probably claim that I lost about half a pound, but I think I'll just declare it a STS and start over. I certainly don't feel like I have lost anything and have discovered that it's definitely bread that affects my losses, not to mention I have bloated like a baby whale. Still - you live and learn.

Still have next to no appetite so today's food is pretty woeful, but will at least have a healthy dinner. Back on it tomorrow and will make sure that I a) eat enough and b) eat the right things!

Back