Starting tips please!

ellietoobig!

Morning everyone!

Im starting again next tuesday. Ive mucked about with diets for too long, loosing then gaining and gaining more.

My goal was to have lost most of the weight by my 40th birthday, well as that is on sunday,and i dont have a magic wand I guess I need to rethink and kick my (huge!) butt into gear!!

I know this is going to be the right time for me, Im so fed up with being tired all the time, and feeling so low about myself and the example Im giving my children.

Would love some tips on starting or anything you have found helpful please!!

Thanks
Ellie xx

Hi Ellie!

Well done on taking this step.

I think preparing yourself to dedicate yourself to your weight loss and improved health is key. Some low carb for a few days. I didn't. But then I didn't suffer going into ketosis either. Lucky I guess lol.

Rethink what food is. Considering it fuel and not a pleasure will help you get through. Like babystars mom said. We don't enjoy being fat at all. So thinking a soup is not very nice is worth the swap :)

Good luck. This forum is a lifeline, so keep chatting on here :)

Happy 40th for Sunday. It certainly will be your life begins stage!

Hi Ellie, welcome to this forum. These VLCD's are hardcore dieting and if you are not in the right mindset then do not even start becuase the hunger and cravings will get to you and you will cave in. You have to go into knowing that you will not cheat no matter, if you are doubting it do not start. I am presuming you are going into the Total Solution.

Your 1st week may be pretty hard but easy at the same time as the novelty of being on this sort of diet in still there. Hopefully you kick into Ketosis with the 1st week, this will be a huge help with the hunger, as I am sure you already know. Once the 1st week or so has gone it does get easier. Do not, and I should not talk, weigh yourself every day, if you cannot help it. There will be lean times on the scales if you weigh every day and it might get you down but try not to.

Get know everyone on this forum as everyone on here is an inspiration in their own right and everyone on here has been where you are right now. We will try our best to get you through the bad times if you have any and we are also here to pat you on the back when you have good news. The most important thing is to pat yourself on the back when you have done well and not to beat yourself up to much if you falter, just get back on track and learn what it was like cheating on yourself.

But remember your mindset but be right.

welcome ellie, best tip i can give is to get yrself known to all us exante members, we are a excellent group with lots of determination and encouragement.
like mark said the 1st week is the worst, but it gets easier i am now nearly at end of week 3 and it is alot easier now, no more cravings or hunger.
but u have to be ready in your head. good luck in your journey x

hey welcome to the forum hun and good luck on your diet hun..we are all here at some point of the day and night for you to talk to and you can talk about anything and evrything on here as we are a great non judgemental group...:D...the first week is the hardest but after that it does get easier and you don't feel hungry as often if rarely..:D
mwah
mwah

And water, water, water! It really is your friend on this. Still or sparkling it doesn't matter, just keep glugging :)
Good luck and welcome to our happy band.

Hi ellie

Welcome and good luck to you.

No tips from me I'll afraid - I'm new too. But you're in the right place. There's lots of support and great advice here.

belive in your self im on day 6 and have never done a diet like this before if you get into the rite mind set you will enjoy it and feel great too , and diet kitty is rite water will help you through the difficult times
Goodluck hun and keep us posted :)

Thanks everyone!
Ive done cd before, but was put off by the cost and wasnt the right time for me either. This time Im a bit more aware and am definately more positive.
Am going to take it a day at a time.
Just cant wait to feel fitter and not so exhausted all the time!

Back