starting to become concerned

mightymonocle

my losses have been super low lately 0.5lb-1.5lb per week ..
I have been 100% the whole time I have been on lipotrim, no food has passed my lips in 6 months now, but my weight loss is slowing down drastically.

I called up the helpline to let them know, as in the past month I have only lost 4lbs! and they suggested that perhaps I have become a little bit more lax in my water intake.. which... hmm is possible, but I am doubtful, I make each of my shakes with 1l, + am pretty confident I get at very LEAST 2l of plain water, with teas and coffee on top

but anyway, since my last weigh in on tuesday I have been more diligent with my water so I will wait and see the results this week, but I am kinda beginning to panic, I have never seen that this has happened to anyone else on lipotrim and have to wonder why on earth it's happening to me!! :'(

Oh god!!! I have no idea hun... sorry about this question... but are you going to the loo ok?? x

Oh god!!! I have no idea hun... sorry about this question... but are you going to the loo ok?? x

sorry if this answer is TMI, but, I mean it's not the smoothest operation, but I am going about 3, maybe 4 times a week, and it has always been that way since I started so no notable differences

the helpline is useful but i wish i had my own personal lipotrim guru who knew the precise reason! I tried a ketostick the other day to and there was no change in the colour, so perhaps I am not in ketosis

(although, I've been reading that these are not always accurate indicators as they can only measure excess ketones you produce, and the more your body gets used to ketosis, they better it is at producing the correct amount of ketones - hence no excess, hence no change in colour.. ?)

if I don't lose any/very little weight this week (ATLEAST 2lbs) then I don't know if I should continue, perhaps I should try and shake things up by doing a weeks refeed, see if that helps improve.. then continue on 100% afterwards.

Perhaps my body has gotten too used to being on such low calories :(... It's interesting that exante advise those doing 100% to take a week break - eating a low carb meal on top of the shakes every 4 weeks, maybe something like this could help. I am so confused about what I should do.

man it sucks!!

Hi! Sorry to hear about your troubles, it must be so frustrating! :(

Hmm.. Are you exercising a lot, or more since you started LT? That can make you STS, lose less, or even gain due to the build-up of muscle. How about your clothes - are they feeling any looser even though you're not losing many lbs now? Do you weigh yourself in the morning, first thing after a wee before you drink any of your shakes/coffee/tea?

If it's none of those I would suggest going up in the plan and adding a small, low-carb, low-cal meal every day for a week to see if it boosts your body/metabolism back into burning lbs again. It might help! Good luck! :)

the helpline is useful but i wish i had my own personal lipotrim guru who knew the precise reason! I tried a ketostick the other day to and there was no change in the colour, so perhaps I am not in ketosis

(although, I've been reading that these are not always accurate indicators as they can only measure excess ketones you produce, and the more your body gets used to ketosis, they better it is at producing the correct amount of ketones - hence no excess, hence no change in colour.. ?)

if I don't lose any/very little weight this week (ATLEAST 2lbs) then I don't know if I should continue, perhaps I should try and shake things up by doing a weeks refeed, see if that helps improve.. then continue on 100% afterwards.

Perhaps my body has gotten too used to being on such low calories :(... It's interesting that exante advise those doing 100% to take a week break - eating a low carb meal on top of the shakes every 4 weeks, maybe something like this could help. I am so confused about what I should do.

man it sucks!!

Maybe it would kick start it again! You never know! X

Hi! Sorry to hear about your troubles, it must be so frustrating! :(

Hmm.. Are you exercising a lot, or more since you started LT? That can make you STS, lose less, or even gain due to the build-up of muscle. How about your clothes - are they feeling any looser even though you're not losing many lbs now? Do you weigh yourself in the morning, first thing after a wee before you drink any of your shakes/coffee/tea?

If it's none of those I would suggest going up in the plan and adding a small, low-carb, low-cal meal every day for a week to see if it boosts your body/metabolism back into burning lbs again. It might help! Good luck! :)

no, not been exercising so much lately, just moderately active, walking around and stuff.. as for my clothes, it's hard to tell, should start taking measurements I guess..

And yeah, if I weigh myself that's when I do it, but i'm avoiding any scale hopping as it's just disappointing :(

will just wait for next tuesday's weigh in at the pharmacy I think, and yeah - if I don't see a 2-4lb loss then I think I will try adding a lowcarb/cal meal for a week to see if it helps boost my losses - though I don't really want to do that to be honest - i'm scared it might have the opposite effect! Plus, eating food is going to be the weirdest thing ever :eek:

Have you changed any medication? I know it seems weird but I take a strong painkiller in capsule form for chronic backpain, & I think that had a negative effect on weight loss as there's maize starch in the capsule. If the ketostix aren't showing a colour then you won't be in ketosis - they make those things primarily for diabetics & their lives depend on them, so your body won't get used to it. Good luck honey, hope you figure it out. X

Have you changed any medication? I know it seems weird but I take a strong painkiller in capsule form for chronic backpain, & I think that had a negative effect on weight loss as there's maize starch in the capsule. If the ketostix aren't showing a colour then you won't be in ketosis - they make those things primarily for diabetics & their lives depend on them, so your body won't get used to it. Good luck honey, hope you figure it out. X

nope, not on any medications, + I will avoid taking ibuprofen if i'm ever in pain as I realised there is a sweet coating, which I assumed was sugar..

found this on ketostix -

"There are a number of problems with Ketostix not the least of which is that urinary ketone concentration is at best a very indirect indicator of what’s going on in the body. True ketosis is defined in terms of blood concentrations (terms ketonemia), not urine (terms ketonuria). But since you can’t easily measure ketones in the blood (no, you can’t put blood on the Ketostix, I tried it years ago and it doesn’t work), the next best thing is urinary ketones.

Now, obviously, if you have ketones in your urine, you certainly have them in your bloodstream. However, the absence of ketones in the urine doesn’t mean that you’re not still in ketosis (as defined by blood concentrations). You might be in ketosis as measured by blood levels but simply not be excreting any in the urine. Or not excreting enough to change the Ketostix.

Basically, there are a variety of things that influence whether or not there are enough ketones present to be excreted in the urine in sufficient quantities to make the Ketostix change colors. For example, you might not be making ketones in sufficient quantities (this happens in lean people, especially if they are very active), lots of water can dilute your urine and the ketone concentration, some other variables can impact on whether or not you show ketones on the Ketostix."

Ketostix are not always an accurate indicator of ketosis, they only measure excess ketones, unused ketones in the body - it is possible I am using ketones I produce for energy expenditure, or as mentioned, that my fluid intake is high enough to dilute my urine..

They are used for a different purpose with diabetics, to test for ketoacidosis.

But still, you may well be right, I may not be in ketosis, which is a concern as I am still 100%, with no obvious changes, can't figure this out!

However I would still imagine I am in ketosis I have no hunger, unless there is another reason for this... ?

Speaking to the chemist I use she said that the fluids we use for our shakes and tea/coffee doesn't count towards out fluid intake for the day. So on top of what your having with those you should drink 2l-3l of water as well. Hope it is of some help x x x

Any news yet?

Back