Starting to lose motivation

Mirrakel

I know there can be a lot of posts like this so sorry about that but I felt I needed to rant a little.
I've been on sw for just over 7 weeks now, and in that time I've lost 7.5lbs. The first few weeks I was fine with the slow loss and was staying positive about it, but as the weeks go on it gets more and more demotivating to lose soooo slowly (1/2lb at last weigh in) and see others lose 7lbs in 2 or 3 weeks.
I'm following the plan and getting at least 2 exercise sessions in every week.

I know everyones different and my weight loss is on average 1lb a week but it feels like I've been hovering around the same weight for ages now and I just want it to really feel like I'm getting somewhere. I had set a goal of 2 stone by xmas which I thought was acheivable when I started, but at this rate I'll be lucky to have lost 1!

Anyway, I'll keep going, and keep trying to stay positive, just needed to offload and I know everyone here is so supportive and I'm sure someone else will have been in the same position at some point.
Kel x

Yep, I started my own thread last week to say how de-motivated I was. This week, I'm back in action and looking forward to a good week.
As for the slow weight loss... what plan are you doing, and do you have a food diary we can look at? Are you on any medications that could impact your losses, and do you use your syns and drink plenty of fluids?

Hi Mirrakel, sorry to hear you're starting to feel demotivated.

Like you said, you have lost on average 1lb per week. Slimming World is a healthy eating plan for life, not a quick fix diet - you're weight losses are healthy, consistant and sustainable.

Also, you didn't gain your weight overnight, so you are not going to lose it overnight either. I know it may seem hard, but just percivere with it and I'm sure you'll be where you want to be in no time.

The more demotivated you become, the more likely you are to fall off the bandwagon and stop following the plan, ultimately causing you to regain the weight you have lost - think how much more you'd be upset about this.

Which plan do you follow? I only ever follow Extra Easy, because it works for me, but I've heard that mixing up EE, Red & Green days can really help. Also, with your exercising, are you drinking enough water to rehydrate your body?

Basically, just hang on in there. You've done fantastically well so far, and if you stick at it, you will reach your goals. Good luck xx

Ahh thank you both :eek: I know I'm probably being a bit silly, and maybe I had unrealistic ideas as to how much I would lose in a set space of time. It just feels like I'm plodding along so slowly and hardly getting anywhere.
This forum is amazing and so supportive but in a way sometimes it can be a bit demotivating as you can see how well everyone else is doing! Though obviously I'm genuinely over the moon for those doing well :) And it does show you it is possible.
I'm drinking about 2 pints of water a day at work (though find it hard to drink as much during the weekend) and I reckon I stay hydrated during exercise.
I'm doing mostly green days as they're cheaper and dont tend to take as much thinking/prep as red, I do the odd extra easy too.
Thanks again both of you, really appreciate your replies.

Hey,

I was in this boat last week, totally de-motivated i have been doing slimming world 10 weeks and just lost (5lbs) all be it iv had two weeks off plan (All inclusive holiday) and a long weekend away where i gained both weeks, also had a gain at beginning and a few maintains.
My head simply just wasnt in the right place, if you look at my post last week there are alot of tips that helped me get motivated and at class last night i lost (1.5lbs thats with a chinese buffet and bottle of vodka at weekend) so it is doable.
You need to list the reasons why you are doing this journey and how it will affect you when you lose the weight?
Also look at diaries for inspiration.

Goodluck you CAN and WILL do this is you really want too :)

I saw in your signature that the reason you want to lose weight was to become a mummy. What better motivation do you need? I know it's tough when weight losses are slow but you are losing. Like somebody said you didn't put the weight on overnight. Do you attend class? If so how about filling in a food diary to show so that your consultant can check just to see if there are any tweaks that can be made. Or post one on here.

Well done on your loss to date, and if you keep going at the rate you are you will be a very healthy and fit mummy xx

You may find your weight loss speeds up if you drink more ( it dosnt have to be water) I aim to drink at least 2 litres (4+ pints) throughout the day.

if you're doing green are you still eating plenty of superfree?

that said, I think your loss is great so far think of the end goal, and remember sw is a journey

good luck xx

Your body needs at least 8 glasses of water/liquids a day to function properly. So if you're exercising on top of that, you should up it at least by another 500ml while exercising. Water is a highly underrated weight loss tool. And it's great for your skin. Now I'm not saying you *have to* drink water. Tea, diluted juices, diet coke... they're all liquids too :)

I don't know much about green days, so I can't help you there, since I do EE all the time. But upping your superfree is never a bad idea. Maybe you're not eating enough. Sounds silly, I know, but the weeks I eat more superfree I lose more weight. Something to take on board, perhaps.

Another thing that was already mentioned is, you *are* losing, albeit not at the fast rate which you'd like. But you're going in the right direction. If you just gave in and sat at home eating whatever you want whenever you want, you'd probably be at least half a stone heavier by now. So congrats on what you have lost so far - it's not easy, not by a long shot.

Good luck x

Back