Starting today (again!) Words of advice needed please!

sharron12

Hi everyone, i have seriously lost count of the times i have started ww or sw over the last 15 years. Last month i turned 40 and today i weighed myself and was at an all time high of 12st 8lbs. I'm not shocked by the weight just really disapointed in myself :cry: This time last year i was a stone and a half lighter.
Has anyone else tried this a million times before? If so, what was it that made it work for you in the end? I am going camping in 4 weeks and then to tenerife in August and i would love to enjoy these holidays without worrying what i look like (i know the camping one is soon but you know what i mean!) My problem seems to be that i can lose weight when i have something like a holiday or wedding coming up but then go mad afterwards (like i did last year)
I am not going to class as they really don't work for me- i have wasted thousands on meetings and products but it will only work for me if my head is in the right place not being weighed at a meeting. I know the programme well enough to get cracking on my own and i've always found this site great for tips and motivation too.
Anyway, ramble over - just needed to get this off my chest i think! Would love some weight loss buddies so please please help me. I am now off to make a grill up ;) (pointed of course) x

Hi Sharron,

I could have written your post myself, I am a serial yo yo'er, seems to have been on everything going ! I came back to WW as this is where i lost the most weight last year (i;ve put it all back on) I too am terrible with getting past the couple of months stage !!

I'm also not doing the meetings as there isn;t one at a good time near me and as i use a works laptop they have banned the WW website Grrr , I found this site amazing for all the diets i have tried but really really hope this is going to be my last attempt !!

I'm taking it alot slower this time, I'm NOT going to get all fired up when a loss is small or i have a gain, my biggest issue is learning from my past mistakes lol ..

Why dont you start your food log, i find it really helpful and makes me plan ahead.. There are also some good apps out there (not ww ones) which help with scanning food and pointinf everything up when on the go xx

Thanks for your reply Lou, it's a nightmare isn't it?! I have downloaded an app to track and point so hopefully that will keep me on the straight and narrow! You are so right about taking things slowly, i am also determined for ww not to take over my life as it has done in the past. Lots of luck xx

Back