Starting tommorow - questions and help please... :-)

macmammy

Hiya every one, I am going to see my CC counsellor again tonight and am determined to restart. I have so far lost about half a stone with slimming world, but am finding it such slow going; I feel I need some kick-starting and simple weight loss plans as I have about 3 stones still to lose.

So, I have done SS before and found it really hard, I am considering starting off on SS+ this time and I have a few questions I am hoping you lovely people can help me with....
1) Do you see similar results on SS and SS+?
2) Can you have one day with the 3 packs and skimmed milk, then the next day with 3 packs and a 200 cal meal? or do you have to stick to wither the milk or the meal for the week if you know what I mean?
£) what are peoples experiences of both? I am looking for a way to do this which is the most possible to stick with..

Quite excited to be honest, just a bit bummed that I won’t be able to have my weekly glass or three of wine on a Friday night....

Thanks everyone

Hey there lovely lady,

Glad to hear you have taken the first step and booked you appt with your counsellor. I too thought about trying other plans for my re-start but i know that none of them can give me the results i want in a short space of time.

I'm re-starting this week due to a series of medical mishaps from the beginning of the year and general lack of motivation. I've previously lost 5 and a half stone on SS and put a little back on in my gap. I have tried SS and SS+ though on my previous journey and honestly didn't find the weight loss any different. I remained in ketosis as i did follow the plan to a 'T'. I was really pleased because just that little bit of food seems to keep you going. I'm starting this week on SS+ as the thought of going without straight away is a little daunting :)

I'm not a fan of milk so i can't really provide any answers to your second question, i've always just stuck to the 3 meals and 1x 200cal meal. My advice would be ask your counsellor about anything you are unsure of :)

You can always vary your time between SS and SS+ which is what i am planning on doing. I'm starting with more as i find it's just easier that way. My counsellor always advised to spend whole weeks on one or the other but after that week you can switch back to the other and see if you feel comfortable. My plan is to start off for 2 weeks on SS+ and then gradually take it down to SS :) I used to find that after the first few weeks of being in ketosis the hunger dissapates anyway, so moving down after this point always seemed more logical to me??? But hey everyones different.

Hope everything goes well tonight, keep in touch and let us know how you get on

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya Sammy,

Thanks so much for the helpful reply. So i did it i went and saw my counseller and she was fab! came away feeling so so positive and up for it, i really hope that this is it for me this time and I get to goal. I am def gonna start off on SS+ and like you say, as time goes on if i can i will try and do SS on its own. So I started this morning and feel fine, i was a bit of an idiot though and had some wine and nibbles last night and made the first day a little bit more difficult with a slight hangover! ;-) only myself to blame though!

Was a bit gutted as I weighted more than i expected last night, but it only made me more determined to get to where i need to be!

So far i have had a choc shake for breakfast made with ice in the blender and it was lush! had a leek and potato soup for lunch which i fine too so i am off now to get the water down me which is always the hardest bit! early night tonight for me.

Isn't it weird how much you notice food and smells of food when you start this plan! ha!

What got me is how much I think about food, Im on week 3 and when you realise how much its taken over your whole life and dont go an hour without thinking about it you think 'no wonder Ive got fat'!

Unfortunately I havent found the solution to that yet!

I totally agree, its so strange when u notice how much u think about food in one way or another. How are you finding it now being in your 3rd week? Does it get less? Also how's your losses been?

I have really good days where my head is in the right place and then really bad days where Ill be writing an email and custard creams will just jump into my head, or driving to town and all I can think of is a corned beef sarnie. Im like WHAT?! Leave me alone! haha.

It was my birthday last weekend - being 23 I partied hard, so I knew it would take me back, I put on about 3lbs but thats all off again, Ive lost 10lbs total and my week 3 weigh in is on monday, so Im not looking too bad considering the amount I ate on my 4 day birthday haha. Very naughty but back in a good place!

thats great and well done on getting back onto it after going out for your birthday! (hope you had a fab time) thats one of my problems, I struggle to get back on any plan when i have a blip, i am feeling much more focused this time, and hopefully my first loss will help!

well day one almost over and feeling ok, had my three shakes and just had a chicken breast and two spears of asparagus, which were lush! OMG i love the ss+ plan, so much more do-able for me than ss!

i know what you mean about imagining food, ill be automatically walking to the fridge at work tommorow, will have to get someone to slap me!

Congrats on getting though day one :)

I agree that thinking about food and the sense of smell def increases when you start...i'm just glad it subsides after a little while :) Lol...i can't wait to get back to that stage :)

Hubby to be only had to mention chinese food to me the other day and i was literally salivating...i could feel the water rushing into my mouth which is actually when i got quite angry with him as just being reminded of food provoked a physical reaction from my body.

My first time around it really hit home about when i thought about food, because every time something even remotely stress related or uncomfortable happened i thought about what i could eat, i associated certain times of the week i.e sat night after josh's rugby we would have a nice meal... It's exactly as 'mybodyisacage' said earlier, it's time's like that when you realise how you managed to get bigger in the first place!!

Really pleased to hear you enjoyed your day today and here's hoping we hear lots more from you! xxxx

So I survived the dreaded first day, was ok, i mean it is difficult but I honestly think, for me ss+ makes it more bearable thinking that you will have some solids at some point ;-)
I went to bed at ... wait for it... 8.30pm! ha! and I was knackered and headachy so to be honest it was the best place for me. I was getting very cranky so I am going to make a conscious effort to not be like this tonight.

Hubby is coming home tonight (he is in the forces and away during the week). He has promised to be supportive during as he calls it 'that milkshake thing'!!! I have made sure that there is something in the slow cooker this morning for him and the girls to have when they get in ( i will still be at work) therefore no takeaways and no fish and chips to torture me!

I have had choc orange shake this morning in the blender with ice, it was canny, never had that one before, gonna try the butter scotch tomorrow, again a new one on me, hope its ok.

Got a tetra for lunch and a soup for later so all planned and hoping today is ok and that by Monday Ill be in the zone!

Hope every one is having a good day, now off to try and shift the headache :-s

Last edited:
Hiya everyone, Just thought i would post an update, more to keep a record for me and to keep me motivated reallY! so day 3 completed and i expected today to be horrible but to be hoenst, i woke up this morning feeling great! really happy and motivated, stuck to ss+ again and really enjoyed it. tested for ketosis today too, and was defo in it, whihc is early but great and a good motivator.

I am hoping for decent first loss to really spur me on and to help me see losing this weight once and for all as actually possible!
Hope everyone else has had a good day and heres to another 100% day tommorow, hoping to have a ss day soon, but enjoying having the solids too.

Back