Attack Starting tomorrow 15/11 few questions :)

MummyEm

Slowly but surely!
Hi Guys

Starting tomorrow and have a few questions already, read the first few chapters of book but raring to go so want to make a start tomorrow.

1) What were your saviors during attack?

2) Will some No added sugar squash ruin this diet? As much as I can do most the day with plain water would be nice to have my usual pint of squash in the evening.

3) Where in the supermarket do you find oat/wheat bran?

Im sure ill have lots more at some point, hope I do as well as some of you at this diet!!

Emma :)

Hi Emma,
Which diet did you lose 82 lb on? Really impressive!

I used vanilla and peach tea to flavor my water, can't drink plain..
Oat bran is mostly close to cereals and oats..
During attack, I used fat free cheese and savory galette to snack, also crabsticks and roasted chicken/turkey breast slices.
good luck!

Thanks Elida - 82lbs was lost over 3 years so not so impressive looking at it like that lol, I have tried every diet going and am really hoping Dukan works for me as ive failed to loose anything this year on SW which usually works for me :(

Well done on your amazing losses!!

My saviour was Total Greek Zero Yogurt + cheap ice-cream maker!

re the squash

"No added sugar" means there is still sugar in it, from the fruit, so it's not a good choice.

How about switching to fruit flavoured tea? You can make up a pint in the morning and pop in in the fridge to enjoy, cool and fruity, in the evening.

As long as the squash says only one calorie per glass (made up with water of course :)) its ok

I have to be honest im finding it hard at the moment but I think its because im eating things I wouldnt usually and after ive been left all day today hungry I am going to stick with simple things from now on for work such as Chicken or Tuna lol
Im not going to give up though! How are you finding it?

better than what I thought, and also yesterday I learnt a real good lesson to be as prepared as possible.
I noticed the end of the first day that when I had my sweet galette, that made me crave sugar and chocolate, so I had a massive mug of coffee with sweetners.

so at the moment it's kind of psychological as well, in food associations for me.

just try and stick to it to the letter and you should be ok, I have read on here that they say the first 3 days are the worst. so do the count down as a little target.

hope this helps a tiny bit.

keep writing in your diary of how you are feeling as well so everyone can pitch in and help and encourage. x

Atropos said:
My saviour was Total Greek Zero Yogurt + cheap ice-cream maker!

re the squash

"No added sugar" means there is still sugar in it, from the fruit, so it's not a good choice.

How about switching to fruit flavoured tea? You can make up a pint in the morning and pop in in the fridge to enjoy, cool and fruity, in the evening.

Never thought about making up fruit teas and having them cold - am not keen on them hot, def prefer a proper cup of tea - but as I struggle with my water intake this might prove to be a good idea :) - thanks.

Lets hope day 3 is easier then!

Teddy67 - I have been drinking lots of fruit teas and actually enjoy them even though i never thought i would!

I have been having some squash in my water but litterally a dribble in each pint, barely noticable but enough to make it palitable lol if it effects my losses ill cut it out totally - other than that though been 100% :)

Asda Double Strength NAS Blackcurrant Squash :) 1cal when diluted with water (100ml)

Hope your doing ok :)

Ruth
X

Asda Double Strength NAS Blackcurrant Squash :) 1cal when diluted with water (100ml)

Hope your doing ok :)

Ruth
X

Sorry no. The rule is less than 1 calorie per glass (250ml). As Atropos says above, "No Added Sugar" does not mean "No Sugar" as the drink you're recommending Trefoil contains fruit which isn't ok.

Sorry to be a killjoy! Have it by all means if you must, and if you're losing weight, but in full knowledge of the facts ;)

To the original poster Em, WELCOME :)
My saviours during attack would be smoked salmon, normal salmon and prawns. I always feel I'm having a treat meal with any of those ingredients in :)

Careful with cottage cheese - stick to the lowest fat available (which is Tesco value range, surprisingly), and because it's not fat free, don't go OTT in Cruise particularly.

Thanks for the advice, cannot stand cottage cheese so will be staying well clear! As for the squash I am putting less and less of a dribble in each drink hopefully ill wean myself off before cruise starts Sunday :)

I've just been reading the (nearly illiterate) chat on the official website, and came across this re diet drinks:

Diet drinks

The list at the bottom shows which are ok - less than 1 cal per 250 ml

Maintainer said:
I've just been reading the (nearly illiterate) chat on the official website, and came across this re diet drinks:

Diet drinks

Thanks! Great to know this! Can't believe I've been drinking that asda squash oops! Only had a splash though when I have a sugar craving!

Ruth
X

the drink you're recommending Trefoil contains fruit which isn't ok.

It is quite confusing cus that article goes on to say "take a look at all the different fruity flavours now available that mean we can try something other than a drink with a cola taste".

And then he lists all the calorific flavoured waters too. You've got to read the information very carefully!

I think the key word, willbefabulous, is FLAVOURS... Fruity flavours... not fruit. (As for which are which, don't ask me ;)).

My life savers in attack were all things to nibble if I got the munchies - crab-sticks went down well to start with (I hate them now!); chicken pieces and also M&S did some little squid ring things which had a lovely satisfying chewy texture (again I'm not so keen on them now).

One thing I used to find was that a couple of dessert spoons of cottage cheese on its own or with some prawns filled me up and took the edge off my appetite.

The first 3 or 4 days were the worst for me - after that, really didn't feel hungry at all much.

I think I would avoid the fruit squash - its the sugar in the fruit juice that causes the problem. I've not tried cold fruit tea but that sounds good!

Oatbran I get from Holland & Barrett or my health food shop, but I have seen it in Tescos in the cereal section.

Good luck I hope its going OK for you!

Diet drinks

Thanks for this maintainer I was debating what is classed as a glass but you have confirmed its 250 mil.

Back