Starting tomorrow... all advice welcome!

Day 4 done.

Banana shake, choc orange bar, veg soup. All fairly nice. I've had all the flavours of everything now and don't think I'll be avoiding any. The irony is the one I was least looking forward to was the Vanilla shake but turning it into a latte was a revelation - I want one every day!

Because I've been so hungry I also had an Atkins bar in bite size pieces through the day. As it happens I haven't been too bad today whether that is due to the Atkins bar or not I don't know. let's hope it doesn't set me back!

Set out this morning to spend 10mins light weeding in our postage stamp sized front garden. Ended up out there for an hour and was very light-headed after. Couldn't even face the walk to pick my girls up from nursery at lunchtime. Exercise will have to wait a bit longer...

3 days to my weekly wi - can't wait!

Apologies for all the exclamation marks - it's a weakness of mine :)

MinimiseMe said:
Apologies for all the exclamation marks - it's a weakness of mine :)

Me too I normally edit most of my posts to remove them lol and I'm murder with smiley faces!!!

Well done so far you are doing brill x

Day 5 100%

I'm so pleased because it was my working from home day when I usually snack all day. I opted for the vanilla shake with coffee because it reminds me of my usual Starbucks treat.

Was very cold but not too hungry. Had soup for lunch to warm up. Went for a walk at lunchtime & pilates in the evening.
I'm just so surprised I can feel like this on 600 cals a day!

My dd1 has had a terrible cold all week & I think I can feel it coming on. I don't suppose Lemsip is allowed :-(

Two more days to wi. My clothes are feeling less snug already. Can't wait!

Sorry babe lemsips not a great idea. Hope you don't get poorly xxx

Well done getting to day 5 :D what day are you weighing in Thursday? Xxx

I'm going to weigh in on Friday mornings. I'll keep you posted!

Day 6 done.

Banana shake, Atkins bar, half choc & orange bar & tomato soup.

I was very hungry, cold & grumpy but my girls kept me busy. Worked till 11.30 last night so I'm shattered now.

Day 7 is a day working in the office - first since starting this diet. Taking a bar for lunch & a coke zero. Mint tea too.

Got to dash. Late as usual!

Day 7 - All a bit of a blur getting everyone out of the house before 8.

Made a chocolate shake hot with coffee in an insulated cup to drink in the car. While I had my back turned dd1 spilt it trying to put the cup in my bag. I shouted at her so badly she took herself to the 'naughty step'! She's only 4! I felt sooooo bad afterwards, I know she thought she was helping :-(

I managed to rescue half of it & was so busy at work I didn't need to eat my bar till nearly 2. Drank loads of water too. Had the leftover half bar from yesterday driving home tonight which is one of my worst times for pigging out usually. Veg soup for tea then collapsed in front of the tv for the evening.

Weigh in tomorrow. Can't wait!!!

Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow chick and well done for getting through the week!!x

Thats excellent :D
Well done :D
Marge
:D

Thanks everyone for your very kind comments :)

Week 1 day 1
Very busy with my kids. Manage half a shake in the morning, bar for lunch, remainder of shake 5pm and soup after the kids went to bed. didn't drink much water till the afternoon but got 2l in the end.

I wanted to reward myself some way for my loss. I poured myself a shot glass of White wine but my dh laughed at me & said 'just have a glass, you've been so good'. That turned into two glasses & then I fell into bed. Not good!

I've just checked with my ketostix & I'm ok but it's a lesson learned. Got to get some non-food/drink rewards sorted.

Back on it today...

Oh thats not good, drink more water today if I was you. Its more about breaking habits, than finding other rewards. You are doing brilliantly

Thanks Divster for your kind words. I started on Exante as a complete change of routine to nip bad habits in the bud. Seems I still have some way to go!

Week 2 Day 2 back on track
1/2 Banana shake hot with coffee for brekkie, bar split in 2 in the afternoon, 1/2 shake at 5 & soup at 8 tonight. I seem to have started to spread out my packs like this & it keeps hunger under control.
I had a few mouthfuls of slow cooked beef casserole when my kids were having tea but no carbs!

Mothers day tomorrow & we're out for lunch with my in-laws. WS day I think. Let's hope that doesn't open the floodgates. Fingers crossed x

Week 2 weigh in -2lbs

Not great but I was only 100% for 3 days of 7 & TOTM so not surprised. At least it's 2 lbs in the right direction :)

I've had an incredibly stressful week since Monday. Found out we didn't get any of our 3 preferred primary schools for dd1, instead got the worst school in town 1.5 miles away. We put down both of our nearest schools & lost out on the closest by 30 meters! DD has special needs, learning difficulties & development delay. We just wanted her to be as near home as possible. We're gutted!

Off to Ireland tomorrow to visit family for a few days. Think I'll do WS for those days. I'm amazed how the hunger has gone away. I have found a few times this week that I've forgotten to eat - you can't believe how unlike me that is!

My breath is shocking though! Off to get some breath strips...

I don't usually weigh every day but 1 lb down this morning. That's more like it!

Week 3 wi -3.5lbs yippppppeeeeeeeeee!!!

That's exactly 1 stone in 3 weeks - much better than I could have hoped for.

I had a lovely few days with my family & everyone noticed I had lost some weight. I had a low carb meal most days this week eating out with friends etc. It really was a treat to eat real food & I felt really satisfied afterwards. I had a bit of a wobble on Tuesday when I ate left over chips from my girls dinner but tried to put it behind me quickly.

My size 14 jeans are now loose. Yesterday I treated myself to two size 14 dresses from the sale rail - one is a little snug but I hope it will fit better in a few weeks. I needed a bit of a treat as I had a coil fitted - fingers crossed that doesn't make me put on weight!

I was only going to do Exante for one month and then move to SW I've done before. Now I think I will do at least a couple of more weeks until I'm a healthy bmi and then taper off. That should get me through Easter & Bank Holidays without regaining.

If anybody is reading this wondering whether to try Exante, I would say give it a go. You've only got the weight to lose :)

Last edited:
Thats a great loss MinimiseMe :D
And your plan to stay with Exante for a couple more weeks sounds good too.
Marge
:D

Back