Starting tomorrow but alcoholic......

Hi TJ how are you today?
Still not hungry but my hubby baked some tomato bread earlier and I seriously could have eaten the whole warm loaf with proper butter on mmmmmmmmmm!!!
But generally Im doing ok.
Im a bit bored but that's more to do with the fact the little one is off school and so Im struggling of things to do with him.
On the whole though Im good

Hi ampsabelle,

Today is dragging a bit, managed to wait until 12:00 for my first shake then had 2nd at 4:30. Think I'm definitely in ketosis as I've an awful taste in my mouth. I've just been looking at the price on Exante & a 4 week box of shakes & bars is on offer at £82.21 at the moment. Bit cheaper than Lipotrim! Might consider in the future.

The scales gave me a boost this morning - day 1 weighed in at 12st 5.6lbs on my scales, weighed 12st 0.2lbs this morning.

Good to hear you're still doing well. Another day nearly done roll on Day 5!

TJ x

Feeling very strange today. Im assuming its ketosis but I almost feel like Im gonna faint - not good. Feel like when you've not eaten for hours and you go all giddy.
Got that metal taste in the mouth too.
Trying to work but I think Im gonna have to have a lie down

Hi ampsabelle,

I have no energy either. Have just walked the dog & had to go for a lie down. Feel a bit shaky. Let's hope this stage doesn't last very long!

TJ x

Hi ampsabelle,

Really don't want to post this incase it de-motivates you but I feel I need to be honest - I deviated off plan yesterday. I'm not sure what I'm going to do now! Having first shake soon & will see how I go from there.

Hope you're doing ok.

TJ x

Hi TJ
Im so glad I picked you as my buddy as we seem to have experienced the same things on the same days - I too cheated !! (see general forum message)
Albeit a small handful of grated cheese (****** it was yum lol!). I felt so bad but then I thought well its protein and fat which is what keeps you in ketosis anyway on the Atkins so I didn't fret so much - had some water and felt fine.
I had to go out last night and wasn't home till 10 so I skipped my last shake as I really wasn't hungry so hoping the extra calories I sacrificed made up for the cheese.
You can tell me about it if you want to, it wont bother me, in fact I feel a lot better now!!
Good luck with today x
ps to be fair we were both having a bad day feeling low and tired so we shouldn't be too hard on ourselves

You did really well to get through the day with just a bit of cheese. As you say with it being fat & protein you won't have knocked yourself out of ketosis. I'm an ex Atkinser! My slip involved a fairy cake topped with pink buttercream that my daughter had made at school - it just looked soooo good & I was feeling hungry & had no energy! I'd only had 1 shake so I decided to have a green salad with a boiled egg & 2 slices of ham for dinner. My plan is to do alternate days of shakes with days of low carb/healthy eating around 1200 cals. Think I am going to be able to stick to the plan until the 9th Aug if I do it this way. I so admire anyone who can stick to TFR for a long period; I know I would cave with boredom & this way it's a half way house. From 9th - 24th Aug I'm on holiday so will have 2 weeks break & return to alternate days when I get back. Oh & I'm going to use the Exante shakes/bars instead of Lipotrim.

I would still like to be diet buddies if that is ok with you. I will understand if that is too hard for you as I'm not following the same plan.

Hope today's going ok for you.

TJ x

That's fine will be good to see how you get on with another plan, especially as Lipotrim is so expensive.
Good luck - keep in touch x

Hi ampsabelle,

How has today gone?

I weighed-in on my scales this morning & I was happy to see 11st 11.8lbs, so that's a loss of 7.8lbs in 6 days which I'm really pleased with. Had a healthy eating day today & back on Lipotrim for the day tomorrow.

TJ x

Im confused about my weight loss. I was 13 stone at the chemists but Im nit sure if I was 12" 12" on mine. Think Ive lost 6 maybe more. Tiny bit disappointed because I often lose 6 or 7 on the first week of any diet like Weight Watchers. Plus Ive had a week free of wine.
However my face is looking less bloated, although my clothes dont feel any looser.really gone off the soup, felt nauseus today. Gonna get the 3 sweet ones next week. Have really struggled the last 2 days but Im still on it.
Good luck with the weigh in, Ill let you know mine x

Thing I've found with the scales is the chemist one you're gonna be fully clothed - unless your chemist is dodgy :D, whereas at home, you're more likely (well at least I do) to weigh yourself with less on - clothes = lbs in my book! Plus your scales at home may not be quite as accurate what the chemist has. All in all, I find there is roughly a 2lb discrepancy between my scales and the chemist's.

You mean we're not supposed to be naked at the chemist sbh???? I was told to strip off completely, thought it was part of the lipo induction process.
Now i know why she had smelling salts nearby to bring her round after the shock lol

I empathise & would feel exactly the same as you. A loss is a loss though so you're in a better position than you were this time last week. A week with no wine is a massive achievement for you too. I've had some slow weeks & STS on Lipotrim before but it is usually weeks 3 & 4; maybe you will have the big weight loss in week 2. Was the pharmacy assistant able to offer any advice?

TJ x

She was no good, told me she expected more from first week and when I told her about the cheese she said "oh thats why then you werent in ketosis". She obviously doesnt even know what ketosis is as cheddar cheese is allowed on aTkins induction and therefore wouldnt knock you out of ketosis. She wouldnt sell me the ketosis sticks either, her colleague said really patronisingly " theres no point in buying the sticks if youre not sticking to the plan". Im gonna give it one more week

She sounds awful. :( with an attitude like that u wonder how they do business!

TJ how is Exante? ******* are doing a great deal over here in Ireland 75% off and Im thinking of trying it. Have you any comparisons?

Everyone says the ketosis sticks are pointless. They don't really work. She's inadvertently saved you some money :)

Keep going! Just think of the good not drinking is doing you for a start. :)

Hi ampsabelle, with the exception on the toffee caramel shake all the Exante shakes & bars have been nice. The diet you mentioned has been starred out so I don't know which one you were referring too. The only one I have heard bad reports about is j@ice p@"s.

I was out at a friends 50th yesterday & had a planned day of eating anything; now going to do 2 full days on Exante then go back to alternate days. I had lost 8lbs in total on Saturday morning.

Hope you're still going strong.

TJ x

Back