Starting tomorrow.......help !!!

ShellDee

Hi guys, I will be taking my 1st big blue pill tomorrow morning lol and have got to admit that I am a bit nervous that I don't know everything I probably should know after just being given the pills by my doc but no dietary information. I have been lurking and getting as much info off you guys as I can and was wondering if anyone had any last minute advice for me, do's & don'ts, that kind of thing. For example my day tomorrow is going to consist of:
Breakfast - Bowl Special K & a banana
Lunch - Wholemeal toast or sandwich
Dinner - Extra lean mince meat, mushrooms, onions, heaps of chillies and paprika and steamed veg.
For snacks I will have a banana or apple (only fruit I like) or a muller rice or muller yoghurt.
Am I in the right ballpark and will I be having enough fat (if that's not a silly question)
Would really appreciate any help you guys can give me.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Shell.

Anybody ???
Also what about Pepsi Max or Diet Coke, I don't drink tons of it but I usually have a can a day, is this ok ?
Shell.

Hi shell and good luck with the tablets!! I dont think any of us really got that much info off our doctors, they are not much help at all really!!

Your food sounds fine for tomorrow, no problems there!! If you want extra help go onto a site called my fitness pal and on there you input all your food, it also tells you how many calories a day you should have!! I find it really good, a lot on here use it!! Diet fizzy drinks are fine, i only drink water and cordial at the moment though.

If you can try and drink loads of water!! When you look at nutrition info on food make sure there is 5g (or less) of fat per 100g!! Total fat you can have a day is 45g!! Its ok to have less,

Thanks Rach, today went just as planned and I ate just what I said I would along with 3 ltrs of water, 2 cups of tea (can't go without me cuppa in the mornings lol) and a can of pepsi max. The only thing I didn't like and I don't know if it is a side affect or just a coincidence but I have has a banging headache all day. Anybody else have that ?
Shell.

HI shell. i have heard of some getting headaches for the first while, but they will ease off!! Another thing to watch out for is some of the girls i talk to have suffered with bloating but that will go again so dont worry about that!! Glad you had a good first day, your going to do fine hun!!

Thanks guys, so far so good. I joined My Fitness Pal as suggested Rach and yesterday I only had 20g of fat all day, is this ok ? Also it told me I have not eaten enough calories, how do I increase them ?, first time I have ever been told that lol.
Hope you guys are having a good day.
Shell.

Thats ok with the fat, i very often only have that much and i;ve been losing ok!! The calories can be hard, try adding in healthy snacks like snack a jacks, rice cakes, yogurts fruit or even cereal bars once they come in under the 5g per 100g rule! Sometimes i use to find it hard with the calories too, you could try bulk your meal up a bit if you can extra salad maybe ?? Cup a soups are also a great snack with little fat in them! You do need to keep calories up else your body will go into starvation mode! Good luck. Whats your name on my fitness pal and i will add you!!

Thanks Jessica, doing ok with the xenical, no side affects or anything. I know it has only been a week but I feel like I have put weight on if anything lol. Hoping it is all the extra water I have been drinking, patience never was my strong point and I keep going over on my protein so I need to sort that out. Hopefully i will get myself sorted by this time next week, be well into it, know what I am doing and maybe even have lost a couple of lbs. Have met some lovely supportive people here and that really helps :eek:)

In the first few weeks some of the girls here have felt bloated and havent lost weight, another side effect of the tablets. But dont let this worry you, you could feel heavier with all the water you have been drinking, i very often feel like that,even as i am about to step onto the scales i feel that way!! Try not worrying too much about weight loss, as when you stress your body can actually stop you losing weight!!

hiya

just wanted to say that i just started on saturday and had an awful headache today too - must be starvation :rolleyes:

i too am getting word that i am not eating enough calories but i am trying to get a good first week so will see what happens on sat weigh in :eek:

good luck :)

Back