Starting Xenical tomorrow

vanda

plodding away
Hi to all
Am new to this site, have posted on many minimins forums as I desperately try to find something to help me lose weight.
Visited the GP today and got very emotional fortunately he was very understanding and supportive. He has prescribed Xenical and although I am not too keen on taking meds am getting to the stage where I will try anything.
Have been reading your posts for some advice on what sorts of foods to avoid. Am not sure whether to rejoin SW or WW for added support, how do the rest of you manage?
Will hopefully feel more positive tomorrow, so apologies for being miserable!

Vanda

Reactions: kae
:welcome2:

Hello and welcome to minis!!

The best thing about this site is you can be as miserable as you like!! We're here for the same reason! So we can help you using eachers experiences!!

So yeah your probably feeling crappy and down but hey your at the bottom and the only way is up!!

Your battling the problem head on and thats the main thing! You could have easily have ignored the problem and it could have got a lot worse!!

I wish you every success on your weight loss journey and if you need any help or advice give us a shout!!

Love katie
xxx

Hi Vanda, welcome to the Xenical forum! I agree with what Kae said, everybody is miserable at some point, but there's always a friendly face here willing to listen to us moan and make us feel better! Hope it works out for you, keep us updated on your progress! :) x

Reactions: kae
Hi and welcome!

I've been on Xenical for two weeks and I feel great - no nasty side effects as I've been really careful with my fat intake.

Do be prepared to wee more, though. I am finding this particularly funny as I wear compression garments from my ankles to my boobs so every trip to the toilet takes ten minutes - I think my colleagues (all male, bless them) are wondering what I'm up to in there... ;)

I have rediscovered the joy of vegetables! And I have started swimming.

I did my two-week weigh in today and have lost 7lbs in a fortnight

Don't be disheartened if you don't lose much in the first week - I didn't, and it seems that many people on here had the same experience.

Hi there and welcome to the joys of Xenical. I am on day 4 now and although I have been suffering from headaches and a slight change in bowel actions (no diarrhoea though) I am doing really well.

As long as you stick to the golden rule (see sticky at the top) then you will be fine. It is hard work checking out fat content in everything to begin with, but it does get easier.

I have found this forum a fantastic means of support, everyone seems really friendly and they will spur you on when you are struggling.

Really hope you enjoy it on here. All the best on your Xenical journey, look forward to getting to know you

Charlie xx

Thanks so much to all of you for your words of support. It does help to know you are not the only one struggling. Am feeling a tad more positive today and have stuck to the low fat rule with no nasty effects.
I did smile at the thought of 10 mins each trip to the loo just getting the thing off and on must be burning up calories.

Thanks again

Welcome & Good Luck xXx

Welcome and congrats on making your first positive step by starting xenical.

I was the same as you, had tried a few things but to no real avail. i would loose a bit then get disheartened and put it back on and a bit more.

When I started the xenical I was apprehensive as I knew someone who tried it and they said they were on the loo all the time, I know now that they cant have been following the fat rule, in fact they carried on eating the same as before and thinking the tablet would do all the work.
I had a bit of constipation and headaches the first couple of weeks, the water intake will help with that, but it wasn't so bad to dishearten me.
I lost a 13Ib in my first 3 weeks and the losses have been smaller since as expected really. I have now lost just under 30Ib and I can really see the differnce in my clothes and less chins LOL, the main ting was the inches...I've lost 14 3/4 inches in total ...I measure 4 weekly my waist, hips, right arm, right thigh there have been times when I still lost there even though not so good on the scales so I have found that doing the 2 helps me.

Another invaluable thing for me is tracking all my food and calorific drink, I keep a record of everything I have each day, I also use Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal - MyFitnessPal.com to track my fat and calories each day, as you can stay in the fat rule but still have too many calories, it calculates for you based on weight, age how many calores you should have to loose weight, you can only set it based on loosing 2Ib a week as that is recommended loss, but I have lost more some weeks so dont worry about that too much.

Anyway, enough waffling from me, hope some of what I have wrote will be useful for you, holler if you need anything theres usually someone about to help.
xx

Thanks for the advice
I will check out my fitness pal as I need all the help I can get. So far no nasty side effects but stomach is a tad upset, not too bad though cos it is making me not want to eat so much.

Welcome to the xenical forum, i wish you the best of luck with your weight loss journey

Hi, I am new to here too. I am starting the tablets tomorrow, although slightly apprehensive, I am quite excited! I don't have to go back to the docs for a month, so I am going to continue with WW every Monday so I can keep an eye on the weight.
Look forward to speaking to you all more often.
Good luck everyone! x

welcome shelx! good luck with your weight loss journey :) x

Back