staying at a friends and staying on plan...

Julsifer

hey guys hope i'm posting this in the right area sorry if not.

Just thought i'd post this for as much support as possible i'm now in sheffield staying with a friend for atleast a week, today is day 1 and so far i've managed to stay on plan but i suspect we will be getting our usual chinese order at some point this week :p egg fried rice, sweet and sour chicken balls and curry sauce :rolleyes: Once cant hurt though right? Anyway wish me luck for the the rest of this week hopefully i'll be on track for a good loss by Sunday as i've been having super speed soup and staying around 10-12 syns all week, having resisted too much alcohol, and chippies :D

Oh did i mention my mate has no food scales :rolleyes: tricky when i want cheese

Best thing you can have at Chinese is chicken chow mein.

Remember hex a for cheese is around the size of a matchbox. Hope that helps x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ask your friend when you are likely to have the chinese so you can plan that day slightly ahead, think long term rather than whats going to happen on the day. Don't forget you can also have a off plan day where you set yourself say 40 syns then are good all week.

Ask your friend I'm sure she would love to help you keep on plan.

I'd make your Chinese takeaway night into a Chinese cook out at home. Make your own yummy Chinese for a fraction of the syns x

If I recall, Beef Mushroom with boiled rice is 4.5 syns, which is the lowest in the book (curiously lower than Chicken Mushroom, which is 5) but be aware that the portion sizes quoted in the book may wildly differ from the actual chip shop portion size.

That said, if you want to have your "usual" then you should - because thats what flexisyns are for. Try and work out the syn value in advance so you can stick to it and not go "well I have had that, and being as I am being naughty anyway..." Enjoy your break.

boiled rice and curry sauce isnt that about 6 syns on a green day??

@bevhunter1986 ooh thanks for that i'll give it a go.

well my dad came and visited me today whilst my friend was at work and we ended up going on a long walk and going to a chinese restaurant i had tuna and sweetcorn soup and chicken chow mein, although i didnt eat any of the chicken as it looked more like cooked fatty bits and left half the noodles as i was full, but i did eat the broccoli cabbagey bits and water chestnuts :) soup was okay but a bit goopy.
Now i'm sat here eating strawberries and raspberries i bought in town nom nom nom

@cyberjelly I think we'll wait to have our usual chinese takeout to next week, mid week sometime and have a flexi syn day then. Until then he can just put up with my cooking :D I made homemade meatballs mash, carrots and gravy for him yesterday and after he'd wolfed it all down he said he was still hungry!!! :eek:

Thanks for the support guys :)

EDIT: dad literally just came back said he got to the station and left his ticket here lol bless cant wait to get old :p

Good good hun.

I've lost motivation and gone off plan this week now :( roll on weigh in on Monday. I'm sure that will kick me buttback into action!

Good good hun.

I've lost motivation and gone off plan this week now :( roll on weigh in on Monday. I'm sure that will kick me buttback into action!

Lets hope so darl, roll on monday cos i think i'll be having a flexi syn day then :p, w00p well i got an amazing 5lb loss this week super chuffed with myself for sticking with it think i'm on my fourth week of slimming world now

I totally feel your pain... it's my housemates leaving do tonight (she's moving to London. Sob) so the girls have bought in beers and crisps and Freddos and Prosecco and all sorts of nice things... Ooh, this is gonna be a tough night!

Back