Staying focused over the festive period

DearFatty

Silver Member
As Christmas is only 2 weeks ago, I wondered how others are going to stay on track and not eat all the food that is going to be around.
I am going to stick to a strict shopping list and not buy all the usual nonsense I would so hopefully that will help...

what else is everyone doing ?

Im going to try to make sure that wherever I go ive always got SW friendly food to hand, as I come unstuck at work with all the chocolates people bring in and if im out xmas shopping grabbing quick (yet high in syns) food.
Either that or i'll just stuff my self silly with free food so even if im offered naughty things i'll have to resist Lol xxxxxx

I was thinking about this while making tea. I think i'm going to be try to stick, my parents are coming round, so i'll do the works for them, but make myself sw friendly stuff, like garlic roast new potatos and sw christmas cake. Just so i'm less tempted but if i slip up during the day i won't beat myself up about it too much.
Boxing day might be a struggle as theres always a buffet at my mother in laws so i might ask her to do me some hard boiled eggs and cucumber battons, and have cold meats. I'm going to stick to red days though, i think it'll be easier for me although generally i'm a green girl!

I'm doing the same. OH and daughter can have their choccies but I'll keep off them. I'll have a SW adapted Christmas dinner and hope I'll lose weight over Christmas.

There are plenty more Christmases to come so no harm in sticking to plan this year.

We're going to my daughters for christmas, so in essence it will be me that's buying the shopping and cooking it LOL.

I'm still very focussed and I've set myself a challenge to go to class between christmas and new year and LOSE. The same for the following week after new year, but we will be going to the out-laws for New year but MIL is 8stone wet through and has never had a weight problem, although with her being Scottish, she tends to live on beer over Christmas and New Year. I don't drink so that's no problem for me. I'll take some SW friendly stuff with me

well i am cooking for 17 people for christmas, so will be easier for me to control as will have to do stuff separate for my dad e.g potatoes as he is lowering his cholesterol so will have new pots with him and gonna save up some of my syns and hope that i can maintain

I am trying to stick to it only have 2lb to get to target and wanted to lose by new year, making sure any Xmas party's have been planned into day, plus i dance for hours at party's so work off any syns:8855::p;)

I am having Xmas Eve, Xmas Day and Boxing day off. Then back on track. Then having New Years Day off cos my cousin is emigrating to Bermuda and we are going to an all you can eat buffet place and I know what I am like when I go there!

I am thinking that I may gain about 1/2 stone but hoping it may not be that bad!

I'm planning on not going too overboard this year.
Its taken me long enough to lose a stone but I know I can gain it back in less than half the time and I really don't want to do that!
I have my 40th Birthday on the 29th December too and my Mums Birthday on the 30th!! And then theres New years celebrations too!!
I think I need to hibernate!!!
My other half has told me to book 16 days off work in Feb...I think he has booked somewhere nice for a holiday for us for my 40th, so I really need to maintain over Christmas and get cracking to lose at least another stone before we go!

Back