Staying the same (help)

kelzr87

Hi,

Hope someone can help. I have lost 3.5stone doing slimming world but this last month i have just stayed the same. I do have one bar of chocolate a day for my syns usually a flake/crunchie/dime bar. Could that be my issue? I am following extra easy. Yesterday food

Breakfast: 2 aldi benefit bars (rushing in the morning)
lunch: tins of peas/tin of tuna/low fat cottage cheese ( 2 spoons)
Dinner: quorn mince with onion and mushrooms and salad
syns: flake bar

Am I eating enough or is the chocolate messing this up for me? lol

Cheers

Well done on your loss so far. If the chocolate is within your Syns, then that will not be messing with your weight loss. I would say you're not eating enough and you're certainly not eating enough Speed foods. It doesn't matter that you didn't have any with breakfast as you were using a healthy extra but your lunch was all Protein food - did you really have no salad/speed veg or speed fruit with it? (Peas are not Speed veg nor, if you are working in old terminology were they Superfree).

The day would have been better if, perhaps, you'd had the salad with your lunch. You could have cooked the Quorn mince with tinned tomatoes or passata (both Speed), included the peas and added some carbs in the form of potatoes. pasta or rice.

You haven't mentioned your HExA choice - that gives you calcium which is important for your bones and also aids weight-loss, so it is an important part of your diet.

Thanks for replying :)! I think maybe I am to hard on myself now, it makes sense now what you said. I keep thinking if I have rice or pasta I will put on weight. I did cut out pasta as I get so bloated with it. I used to have potatoes and rice a lot more and somehow I cut them out. I think maybe I need to read over things again. I'm just so desperate to get this last 3.5 stone of now :(.

So if i changed it to this (example), would this make it better?

Breakfast: 2 aldi benefit bars (rushing in the morning)
lunch: tin of tuna/salad low fat cottage cheese ( 2 spoons)
Dinner: quorn mince with onion and mushrooms peas, sw chips
Snack muller light/strawberry's
syns: flake bar 8.5

I really apprentice you guys reply :) lately feeling so upset with the scales.

That looks better, but don't forget your A choice.

Definitely read your books again and trust the plan. If your stats are up-to-date, you still have a way to go, so you mustn't cut down too much too soon and there's plenty of anecdotal evidence on here to say suggest that people get better losses if they use all their Syns. Don't forget you can use your Syns on anything, including perhaps a Yorkshire pud with your mince, or some salad dressing with your lunch. Just remember to measure and account for them.

Back