Staying with relatives

Birdiew

I'm not quite sure this counts as 'eating out' but didn't know where to put it.

We are going to stay with M-i-L in a couple of weeks and need to stay on plan as much as possible because we are calling at hers on the way home from hubby's works post Christmas party ...

Trouble is, she is one of those who fusses and frets over things, so if I turn up with some 'faddy diet' everything will be so stressful. Therefore I need so easy ideas to cook, she won't like cooking 'normal' food in a strange way (like SW chips), she's one who will say 'I've cooked chips all my life and know how to do it', and she doesn't eat pasta.

I was wondering if there were any ready meals that are syn free or low syn that we could get that could just go in the oven, or if anyone else had any bright ideas ...

I would say an easy meal for her to do is a roast dinner. Make sure there is no skin on chicken or no fat on other meat. You would then syn the gravy and either syn things like Yorkshire puddings or stuffing or not have them. Just be careful with things like roasts and mash, ask how they are made. You could buy dessert, my favourite shop bought at the minute is weight watchers chocolate moose, lovely and chocolatly and 8 syns which isn't too bad!

I'll have a think if there's any other meals!

Back