Steak?

DollyBoo

Hi all,

I know we can't have steak on the plan but as a one off would it effect you massively? My Husbands birthday is next week and we normally go out for dinner on a birthday. Kids are off to their grannies and it is all planned but I was thinking about making him his favourite steak and chips and home and going to see a pic for a change. If i had a steak with nothing else would this knock me out of ketosis? It is pure meat but not sure if it would or not. I know it will put me over my calories but i can live with that as i will still be under 800

You could have a nice steak with veg or side salad and stay in ketosis and as you said you would just be over your calories as steak can be high in calories but your carbs would be fine.

I'm doing the very same for my birthday on Monday, I'm going to a restaurant that serves all you can eat meats and side salad x

Last edited:
Oh thats good to know. Still feel like you are taking part in celebrations and not sitting there the odd one out xx

I have steak as part of meals on the lifestyle plan :) you can still stay on plan an have steak Hun!!! Steak, swede chips and veg is great and feels like your eating the same as everyone else xx

I always have steak Hun. I cut the fat off if it's sirloin but I tend to use fillet more. It hasn't affected my weight loss in any way and I've lost a stone in a week, and had steak three times this week X

Back