Step 2 - Exercise?

IWillBeAYummyMummy

Supercalifragilistic
How far are you allowed to push yourself on step 2 when it comes to exercise? I have a PT session next week and i want to explain to my trainer how much i can do with out over doing it x

there's no real answer to this - because it varies from person to person. If i started pushing myself my body would go into shock, because apart from having a fairly active job, i'm not at all active. however, if you say, walk to work every day and run around after kids in the evenings, your body will be used to exertion.

i would advise doing two things. firstly, tell your trainer exactly what you've been eating. explain you are committed to the plan and won't be changing, (if s/he tried to persuade you, say your doctor has advised it) but that you want to exercise safely within that diet.

secondly - listen to your body! if you feel exhausted, or light-headed, or you start aching more than you would expect, maybe you're doing too much.

Thank you! Thought it would be good to get the ball rolling a bit more. I do go to the gym just not as much as maybe i should as i'm not very good and pushing myself i need a PT just to push me a bit further without going OTT x

My CDC says I should definitely go to the gym. I don't have time at the moment but I do want to get back within the next few weeks. I thought I'd concentrate more on muscle toning with weights and doing stretching, rather than tons of cardio, which I usually do and like but which makes me really hungry!

Well, i've emailed my PT and told him that i would like to create a moderate exercise regime for now. I told him that i wanna be healthy which is more then just eating healthy, it's about regular exercise. I can only afford a PT session every 2 weeks so want to make the most of it!! x

hiya

you must do what you feel able to do. i do all sorts on ss and ss+ honestly i'm just mad! so far this week i've....

monday - gym (ran,gone on the bike and did weights)
tuesday - taught kids zumba x 2 and adult zumba x 1

then i'm going to:-

wednesday - nothing planned
thursday - 1 kids zumba and 1 adults zumba
friday - 2 hours at the gym (weights, running, bike, powerplate)
saturday - not sure but i'd like to go to the gym
sunday - possibly run for 30 mins.

i'm on ss+ this week

Great Things....what a busy bee you are?! x

Back