Steph's attempts at calorie counting

Not getting too disheartened, I said I'd try it for a month and if I don't get any results re think. Totm plays havoc with me AND its my first since coming off the pill so has been particularly bad. Onwards and downwards hopefully :)

Ali* said:
Sorry to hear about your ickle gain Steph - it could be totm as you say and if so look forward to a super loss next week :)

The only thing you will have to keep an eye on is to try and eat enough ... crazy as it sounds ... sometimes 1200 cals is too low and not sustainable

I was thinking of boosting them up a bit so I can drop them if I need to later, may go to 1300 or something. Go crazy with the extra cals ha xx

xj-esx said:
Enjoyed reading through your thread :) Here to follow! I went from 11 stone 11 to 8 stone and a half through CC, I love how much freedom I have with it but I am now being weary of the fat, carbs and sugars in my food as its easy to forget when focusing on calories

Sent from my iPhone

Aw thanks! Wow well done, how long did that take you? I want to lose 2 stone :) I had planned on giving up refined sugar and stuff but giving myself a bit of time to settle in to gluten free then really strict with it all. I think CC can encourage me to be a bit unhealthy but I'll reign it in soon..hopefully ha!

Thursday 31st Jan

B
Boiled egg-60

L
Rice cakes w/ cheese triangle and some hard cheese

D
Bean chilli w/rice and cheeses

Snacks
Crab sticks
Gluten free rocky road-seeing a pattern :|
Alpro soya
Banana
1/2tsp peanut butter

Was in a rush so just threw all my calories into mfp as lunch and can't be bothered to individually work them out so daily total is 1223. And happy to report I am not hungry!! Bye * week you've been awful as usual.

Friday 1st Feb

B
Genius gluten free bread w/ clover and orange juice- 377

L
Amy's kitchen burrito - 260

D
Undecided as yet, have loads of gluten free goodies today so will choose later

Snacks
Cream egg :0 reallly need to stop with the sugar and chocolate :(

I'm having a really bad fat day, went shopping and just thought 'fat,fat,fat' everytime I tried anything on. Ended up with a size 12 river island jacket so I know I haven't suddenly jumped up 2 sizes but feel crap :(

I hate those days. Puts me in a total mood when I go clothes shopping and just feel like a heffalump in everything I try on!! At least you got a jacket, and as you say, you haven't really suddenly gone up a few sizes! So just stick with it and hopefully you'll feel better soon :).

Lady_Amalthea said:
I hate those days. Puts me in a total mood when I go clothes shopping and just feel like a heffalump in everything I try on!! At least you got a jacket, and as you say, you haven't really suddenly gone up a few sizes! So just stick with it and hopefully you'll feel better soon :).

That's what I was doing, wouldn't have mattered if I saw the nicest dress on earth I'd hate it on myself. I really hope I get a good loss next week, if I gain or sts I really will feel like a heff ha!

Dinner was rice noodles w/veggies and crab - 405. Had a rice cake earlier too - 30

Daily total of 1257

I've realised I've been posting my CC diary in my slimming world diary..weigh in tomorrow hoping to not have put anymore on!

B
Gluten free English muffin w/lf spread- 156
Alpro soya caramel-105

L
Amy's kitchen macaroni cheese (400) lot of calories for lunch but was starving!

D
Jacket potato w/ blue cheese and mushroom sauce and fish (425)

Snacks
Dairy milk (80)
I've quick added cals on mfp and don't remember why but they take my daily total to 1276

Last edited:
Almost 5lb off!! I am so happy with that, was getting really down thinking I'd sts again. I pushed my cals up a few days this week so I'm going to do that again.

Ali* said:
Flipping heck Steph! Well done!!!

Puts my wee 0.5lb to shame lol

Thanks Ali :) I couldn't believe it, hoping its a real weigh I just think there's no way that can be in a week! It's given me such a boost, I'm sure mine will be 0.5s in no time..beginners luck ;) xx

xj-esx said:
Wow that is incredible!!!! It's taken me since Christmas to loose 1lb haha

I put 2 on with CC last week I just got lucky ha! How many cals a day are you on? I put 2 on when I was doing 1200, it's just trial and error I think..hope they pick up for you!

Had 1435 today, did loads of quick adds :| need to stop cos I forget! I had an Indian for dinner and soup for lunch and egg on English muffin for breakfast so other than that no idea where they all came from? I'm worried if 1400 is too much for me now :| don't know what to do!

Back