stewing steak tinned!!

yasmine-samara

I was told that there are still a few brands of stewing steak in the tin that are free but having trouble finding which ones.
The Marks and Spencer one is but its really expensive!!!
Can anyone help???

thanks
xxx

The Tesco's one (red label) is absolutely delicious and syn free...I prefer it to the Prince's Lean stewing steak if Im honest.

Great,

Thanks for the reply. Me and my boyfriend are starting today and he said he fancied it for his lunch with some steam fresh veg. Having syn free burgers for tea so needs to save his B box for his wholemeal buns. I'm off to Tesco!!

Just checked out your weight lost MrsV and you have done amazingly well. Both me and Wayne have done SW before and lost 8 stone each but stopped going and stopped following the plan and ended up regaining over 6 of it. Back on the wagon now as from this morning!!

Thanks again

xxx

Just checked out your weight lost MrsV and you have done amazingly well. Both me and Wayne have done SW before and lost 8 stone each but stopped going and stopped following the plan and ended up regaining over 6 of it. Back on the wagon now as from this morning!!

Thanks again

xxx

Thanks Hun, but Im proof that if I can do it then anyone can!!! Lol.
I did have a gastric band fitted last March, however it only limits my intake of food not the quality and I could still cheat if it wasnt for you lot on here!
I dont need to tell you the benefits that you will get from SW as you have already followed it before and know that it works...all I can say is...good luck to both you and Wayne on your journey and I look forward to reading more posts from you!

Take care

Kerry-Ann
xx

The Sainsburys one is £1.68 ( Or around that price) and is really nice, just the same as the M&S one.

Are you not doing CD anymore then?!

The Tesco one is definitely nicer tasting than Princes (the only comparison I have). I too am very fussy when it comes to meat (cant stand gristle etc), but the Tesco one tastes of meat and the gravy is nice too. Princes is salty and jellified (actually reminds me of dog food!)

The Sainsburys one is £1.68 ( Or around that price) and is really nice, just the same as the M&S one.

Hi Sarah,

That is even better 'cos the M&S one is about £4 ish and a bit pricey for a quick meal on the go. Is it free on RED?
I would rather have the real thing given the choice done over the day in my slow cooker............mmmmmm yum!

i'm going to have to try this tesco stuff cause everyone keeps banging on about it haha not surte what to have it with other than veg though can you make like a sheperdy pie thing with smash

I just eat mine with free veg. There's plenty of gravy with it too.

If you were doing the extra easy plan you could have dry roast spud with it or syn free chips or even loads of mash!!!
I find that when making mash, if you save a bit of you milk from your allowance and add a raw egg into the pan when your mashing it all up it goes really creamy with no need for high syn butter and you wouldn't even know the egg was in it!!!
Give it a try and let me know!!

xxx

I'm off to Tesco! love tinned steak with mash so glad it's free. Other half wouldn't like to think he was on tinned meat though so will have to make it when he's not there and see what he says about it. Will heat it in oven with some carrots in it and serve with broccoli, peas and mash (EE) mmm!

I find that when making mash, if you save a bit of you milk from your allowance and add a raw egg into the pan when your mashing it all up it goes really creamy with no need for high syn butter and you wouldn't even know the egg was in it!!!
Give it a try and let me know!! xxx

I saw someone doing that on tv just the other night and was thinking 'ewww!' but then again, I add a beaten egg to my oats so simple once it's cooked and it makes it lovely and creamy so I think I'll try this!

Sounds good Huni!! Thats exactly what Im having this evening too!

Back