Sticking to the plan when your ill...

gleessa

Hello.

I have bronchitis and a throat infection and I'm finding it hard to stick to the plan. If my boyfriend was ill I'd make him a big pot f soup to eat but I'm not in any fit state for cooking and he's away for a few days so can't help me out. I don't really want to rely on tinned soup because they seem to be quite high in syns. Any suggestions?

Hiya I've had cold this weekend proper sore throat and snotty nose and everything, I've found muller lights are good easy food. Why don't you buy some mugshots? They're 'soupy' and hot so a bit comforting. And if you can try and eat fruit. Bananas and strawberries have been going down well with me. Cold food that's easy to swallow.

Hope you get well soon I know how awful it is you really don't feel like you wanna eat do u x

Thanks. I've got some mugshots in the kitchen but wasnt sure how to make them fit in with EE. Should I just try and have some fruit with them. I don't really want to eat anything :( boo hoo. I've got my weigh in tomorrow so don't want to mess things up

That's what I mean the mugshots arnt exactly a struggle to eat so will be easy food and hot for your bad chest. Have a banana with it or some chopped strawberries that's what I've been doing x

I just ate some donner meat. I probably shouldn't have done but it's within my syns so I should be ok. Get the feeling I'm looking at a gain this week :/

I managed to stick to plan last week after a chemo infusion (my last one, yay) and with a chest infection. My advice - switch to green, you don't have to worry about the superfree then, just don't have meat unless you HEX it. I lived off Mugshots with a few baby mushrooms thrown in occasionally, plus really easy things like beans and cheese on toast. The extra HEXs are great when you're ill as you can have lots of toast or cereal bars.

Hope you feel better soon.

That's brilliant. Thank you very much :) Got to face my weigh in tonight :/

I managed to stick to plan last week after a chemo infusion (my last one, yay) and with a chest infection. My advice - switch to green, you don't have to worry about the superfree then, just don't have meat unless you HEX it. I lived off Mugshots with a few baby mushrooms thrown in occasionally, plus really easy things like beans and cheese on toast. The extra HEXs are great when you're ill as you can have lots of toast or cereal bars.

Hope you feel better soon.

Didn't think about that, I've more or less done a green day today as havnt had any meat whatsoever we had cottage pie and always use quorn now as we arnt mince meat lovers. I've robbed myself of extra healthy extras lol

I had tonsilitis last week, my first week of SW and I stuck to plan. I think its mostly about your frame of mind. You seem to be doubting that you'll stick to plan in your post because your sick, instead tell yourself you WILL stick to plan despite being sick! If you're sick you probably shouldn't be eating takeaway food.

It wasnt that I thought I wouldn't. I was struggling to eat pretty much anything and had no energy to cook really. I just didnt want to rely n tinned soup because I know hoe synful they are! I had the donner meat because it was easy and my friend bought it round for me. It was also within my syn count so there's not problem with me eating it. I actually ended up making a huge pan of syn free chicken noodle soup with the help of my friend :)

Back