1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Sticky Sweet Chilli Pork Kofte

Discussion in 'SW Sizzling Summer Recipes' started by julie19, 14 June 2010 Social URL.

1. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    I have copied this from the new Tesco summer recipes book they are giving away free - hope we are allowed to do that!

500g (1lb) Minced Pork
    2 large shallots, finely chopped
    3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
    2 tbsp, finely chopped lemongrass
    1 ½ tsp Cornflour
    2 tbsp finely chopped mint & coriander
    4 tbsp Fish Sauce
    4 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce, plus extra for dipping
    18-20 Little Gem leaves
    4 spring onions, sliced
    1 red chilli, deseeded, finely sliced
    2 tbsp coriander leaves

• In a large bowl, mix the pork, shallots, garlic, lemon grass, cornflour, herbs & fish sauce. Shape into approximately 18-20 balls
    • Thread onto large metal skewers (or individual wooden one’s, soaked in water for 20 minutes to avoid burning). Barbecue or grill for 5-6 minutes, turning now & again until they are just cooked through.
    • Brush with 2 tbsp of the chilli sauce and cook for a couple of minutes until more lightly caramelised.
    • Remove from the skewers & serve each of the kofte in one of the little gem lettuce leaves, spooned over with a little more chilli sauce, plus extra for dipping, and scattered with the spring onion, chilli & coriander.

Serves 4 people
    2 Syns per serving on original & extra easy
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. shorty1981

shorty1981 Full Member

slimming world
    i was looking at this recipe too but i dont know what to serve it with
  4. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    I was just going to serve it with salad & either BNS or celeriac chips, if you are on EE you could do it with potato wedges.
  5. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    that sounds so good :D
  6. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

slimming world
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.