Still got my big belly.

Ozeck

Hi, i don't really post much but i have been on this site looking around every few days/weeks for tips and help for the last 9 + months.

Before i started trying to lose weight i was just over 190 lbs and now i have managed to get down to 143 lbs but then there is my belly.

When i get up in the morning it isn't so big and if i suck in it is virtually flat but through the day and after i have ate something (even if it is small) it gets a lot more bigger. Also like i said when i suck in its ALMOST flat but when i breathe out and push out it goes like 6 inches bigger and just looks really weird.

It dont think it used to do this when i was bigger or i just didn't notice it but it is really noticeable now especially when pushing out. Is it to do with the weight loss?

Sorry for the stupid question but it just got me a bit worried.

When i get up in the morning it isn't so big and if i suck in it is virtually flat but through the day and after i have ate something (even if it is small) it gets a lot more bigger. Also like i said when i suck in its ALMOST flat but when i breathe out and push out it goes like 6 inches bigger and just looks really weird.

It dont think it used to do this when i was bigger or i just didn't notice it but it is really noticeable now especially when pushing out. Is it to do with the weight loss?

Sorry for the stupid question but it just got me a bit worried.
I have the exact same problem as you.....baffles me! I'm getting an abdo and pelvic scan on Monday - maybe shed some light on it. Keep your chin up xx:)

Thanks guy's. Could it be down to that for around 5 months i was only eating around 800 calories a day? i did make a thread saying that i was eating that much and didn't realise it was so low and as soon as i found out it was so low i upped it to 1500 with help from you guys.

It may be what you are eating is making you bloated, maybe take a little notice if it is worse after certain foods - big culprits for bloating in some people is usually bread/dairy or yeast, I would also advise checking with your GP to rule out any other cause.
Also I found when I was slim my posture made a big difference, pilates might help to strengthen your core and improve posture.

It sounds like bloating? I have similar problems. And when you get that much slimmer it's more noticeable :( stay off the bread, pasta and refined sugars. If I want to look really skinny for an event I go no carb for the day!! It's a pain but it works. Oh an avoid all fizzy drinks!!

i eat 1-2 slices of bread a day and i have pasta every few days if we don't have potatoes or rice with our main meal. i really wouldn't know what to swap them with that has around the same amount of calories

At the risk of sounding cheeky, of course your stomach is going to stick out if you push it out! But being serious, it can be a combination of things. It could be a result of an extreme low calorie diet, ive seen things on this forum about people doing vlcds who have this problem. Also if could be down to bloating, try swapping white pasta bread etc for brown and having a probiotic. Personally I only find pop and fruit bloat me. Also, do you do any exercise for your stomach? As said above posture can make all the difference.

your tum will get bigger...you're filling it with food!! It doesn't just disappear into a magic hole somewhere :p Could be minor IBS... if its only minor there's not a whole lot you can do but eat less crap like one of the above posters said. If you are at a relatively normal bmi, losing more weight probably won't make a great deal of difference. Keep away from too much fruit, fizzy & junk food. Lowering carbs might help if you have an excessive intake.

i get bad bloating, even drinking water dosent help get rid of it. while a lower carb diet might help me on this i wont have the energy to workout if i was on low/no carbs. the bloating has made me look pregnant, even my workmate was shocked at how bad it was, she said i looked bigger than her when she was 4 monthes pregnant. i didnt take offense at it becuase it was true :(
i have a larger shirt i wear when im like that and even then it looks like im trying to hide a baby bump

even lower carb stuff bloats me, i ate a plate of cabbage and i was bloated from that :/

Ok. After another month it doesn't seem to be sticking out as much as it previously was after food but it seems to be just as big as it was when i relax my stomach muscles or when i am breathing out or pushing out.

could it be that it is fat and i just need to loose the extra fat?

i could post some pictures if that is allowed.
Like i said i have lost a load of weight in the past few months and this is really the only thing i have left to loose

If concerned, a GP visit is always helpful to put your mind at rest.

But bloating - is something i dealt with (as well as constipation) during the start of my diet where i was on far too few calories...

Also, i think when going on a vlcd theres a risk of signifigant muscle loss alongside the loss of fat- i always harp on about resistance training but id say its especially important on VLCD in order to minimise muscle loss.

Otherwise you could drop 50lbs, but still be a similar bodyfat percentage.

If concerned, a GP visit is always helpful to put your mind at rest.

But bloating - is something i dealt with (as well as constipation) during the start of my diet where i was on far too few calories...

Also, i think when going on a vlcd theres a risk of signifigant muscle loss alongside the loss of fat- i always harp on about resistance training but id say its especially important on VLCD in order to minimise muscle loss.

Otherwise you could drop 50lbs, but still be a similar bodyfat percentage.

it maybe that i am still eating too few calories then. at the moment i am struggling to eat anymore than 1500.

would you be willing to post what you had to eat on a normal day if you have time?

I would PM you but i need 50 posts i think

it maybe that i am still eating too few calories then. at the moment i am struggling to eat anymore than 1500.

would you be willing to post what you had to eat on a normal day if you have time?

I would PM you but i need 50 posts i think

Sure, remember though im a guy- so need more calories, and i have been training a fair bit (weights)

when on the weight loss phase i lost 2lbs a week and aimed for 1750 calories a day.

It worked for me, my bodyfat has gone from 25% to 10%

Breakfast (400 cals)
Big bowl of porridge (skimmed milk)
Glass of Juice

Lunch (600 cals)
Something simple as im at work, such 'reduced sugar and salt' beans with soya sausages for the protein. On toast

Snack in the afternoon (100 cals)
A piece of fruit.

Tea (700 cals)

Typical meal would be cod or haddock or a chicken breast (oven baked, no breadcrumbs) with a small jacket potato and seriously LOADS and LOADS of low carb type veg, broccoli, some peas, sprouts etc)

It probably wasnt the most scientific meal plans, but seemed to work for me....

Sure, remember though im a guy- so need more calories, and i have been training a fair bit (weights)

when on the weight loss phase i lost 2lbs a week and aimed for 1750 calories a day.

It worked for me, my bodyfat has gone from 25% to 10%

Breakfast (400 cals)
Big bowl of porridge (skimmed milk)
Glass of Juice

Lunch (600 cals)
Something simple as im at work, such 'reduced sugar and salt' beans with soya sausages for the protein. On toast

Snack in the afternoon (100 cals)
A piece of fruit.

Tea (700 cals)

Typical meal would be cod or haddock or a chicken breast (oven baked, no breadcrumbs) with a small jacket potato and seriously LOADS and LOADS of low carb type veg, broccoli, some peas, sprouts etc)

It probably wasnt the most scientific meal plans, but seemed to work for me....

Thanks for that. i really appreciate it.

Did you have anything on the jacket potato as 700 calories seems a lot of calories for just chicken and a small jacket potato with veg.

Thats what i normally have for tea but i didn't think it was that many calories.

Back