Still in ketosis on the 810?

Flobble

Are we still in ketosis on the 810 as I was under the assumption your either in or out by being on SS only, but I am reading more and more that refers to ketosis on 810? rather confused. I would really appreciate someone explianing how it works, thanks:(

Hi Flobble!!!

How are you??

I am not sure about the actual technical bits behind ketosis on 810 - as I have heard both sides, that you are in mild ketosis and that you aren't in ketosis.

However I have done 2 weeks on 810, and doing my 3rd week. I have to say that my losses haven't been any different to when I did SS.

So I for me the proof is in the pudding - as there is hardly a difference in loss each week.

I know some people on her have done 810 all the way through - and there losses are great too. I have a feeling Sunshine Singer has been on 810 all the way through - and she looks amazing with great losses.

Are you thinking of doing 810??? Or are you on 810?

Bethan

Are we still in ketosis on the 810 as I was under the assumption your either in or out by being on SS only, but I am reading more and more that refers to ketosis on 810? rather confused. I would really appreciate someone explianing how it works, thanks:(

Yes, many people stay in ketosis on 810. There are a few more carbs on that programme and enough to knock some people out, but not others.

Ketosis doesn't really have much to do with weight loss...well, not in the way lots of people think. We lose weight by reducing calories. That's how Cambridge works. Reduces calories big time.

Reducing carbs puts you into the ketosis state, which gives feelings of blunted hunger and cravings. You can lose weight in ketosis, but then you can lose equal amounts out of ketosis. You can also put on weight in ketosis. Depends on how many calories you eat.

The great thing about ketosis is that when you are on so very few calories as in SS or SS+, because you are in ketosis, you get some of the fab side effects..blunted hunger, reduced cravings.

KD - thanks for clarifying this!!!

For me, I care more about the loss than anything!! ha ha

Hopefully when I have done my training I will understand much more about it all!!

thats a good question, now I am in ketosis I am so afraid if I come out of ketosis my weight loss will stop. Still early days for me though :)

thats a good question, now I am in ketosis I am so afraid if I come out of ketosis my weight loss will stop. Still early days for me though :)

Ketosis doesn't really have anything to do with weight loss. It's calories that do that. You can even gain weight whilst in ketosis.

Ketosis is handy for handy physiological stuff like feeding the brain etc, but also has the great side effect of blunting hunger. That's why you want it;)

Having said that, most people don't feel hungry on 810 even if out of ketosis because of the higher protein levels along with low carbs.

Think I said the same earlier, but I can't be bothered to read back and check :p

Back