Still in Ketosis??

LISACDVIRGIN

Silver Member
Last night after my blip--which i am determined never to let happen again-- i did a ketostix and it said i was still in ketosis. I thought this maybe because i did it too soon after eating so did it agin this morning and was still showing that i was well in to ketosis. Have just did another one and still reading the same, is this possible??
I didn't eat as much curry as i normally would have and only had a few chips but thought t his would defo have chucked me out. If it hasn't then im relieved after how i've been feeling about but no way will i be playing about with it again!!

Well, Lisa - you may be lucky. The chicken would be fine, but it is the chips (carbs) and the curry sauce (carbs, sugars) that will likely get you. If you did no have too much of it, then you may be lucky and the excess carbs you have taken in will be used up by the body quickly.

Best bet is to wait until a few hours have gone by and then test. If you are still in, then you have been lucky.

But - if you are not in, then it should not take as long as it initially did to get back into ketosis.

Its a mistake, not a disaster.

Hi Lisa,

You may be lucky. However for the rest of the week, you should stick to whatever plan you are on, whether it is SS or any of the others just to be on the safe side.

Don't worry about your blip, it happens.

BTW Lisa - if you did get away with it .... don't assume that you will next time :D

If you keep bending the rules they will eventually snap back and get you. Trust me!

oh dont worry i wont be going down that road again! I certainly wont be tempting fate!! And i dont veer want to feel the way i did last night. Thanks guys...back to ssing today and feeling fab! :D

Back