Still losing weight even though I have finished dieting!

djscrat

Hi Everyone!

Im new to this forum so please except me apologies if I am posting in the wrong section.

Anyway decided to post a question here as I am not having much luck in finding an answer to my question on the general internet.

Well the story goes like this; I am a 5ft 10 inch tall male, and at the beginning of this year I was weighing in at 14 stone and 6 pounds!

So as a New Year resolution I decided to lose weight. I didn’t have a clue on how about on doing this, but one thing was for sure I was not going to join any dieting clubs or anything like that. I just made an uneducated guess on how I should do this.

The sensible thing I thought was simply to reduce my calorie intake, I made a estimation that I was probably consuming around 3000 calories a day, maybe a little bit less im not sure.

I decided to cut my calorie intake by half, 1500 calories a day. Well my target weight was to be 12 stone. Well amazingly after just a little over four months I managed to do this by simply eating a 1500 calorie a day diet. Of course this I didn’t indulge in any chocolate, biscuits, crisps, sugar in coffee etc.

The question I have is this; once I reached my 12 stone in weight I increased my calorie intake slightly too maybe 1800 - 2000 calories a day. This also includes not to still eat crisp, biscuits, sugar etc. But the problem I have is that im still loosing weight! Over the last 3 months or just shy of that I have lost over half a stone.

Im concernd about this, is it still normal to carry on losing weight after you have lost a huge amount of weight? I really want my weight to stabilize now, I more than happy at 11 stone 6 pounds. But im still losing it and after weighing myself this morning I was 11 stone 3 pounds!

Well done for losing the weight! :] Personally i would say your not having enough calories, isnt a man in meant to consume 2500 a day!? Maybe treat yourself occasionally to the odd biscuit? Not saying you should have eat a packet and not everyday. It may just be the case of adding a bit of extra healthy fat to your diet. I dont know if this helps! I would see your gp if it continues. :]

Find out what your BMR is (google BMR calculator) and multiply it by 1.2 to find out what you should be eating if you don't do any exercise, more if you do. I don't think you're eating nearly enough to maintain, and I wouldn't add extra healthy fats, just increase your portions or have an extra healthy snack (nuts are great for this)

Back