Still not feeling all that great

I keep hearing how people on SS feel full of energy and better than ever before etc. I don't. I fell knackered all the time, quite nervy and uptight and FREEZING cold. I can't concentrate very well and really want to do nothing other than curl up in a warm bed with a hotty and sleep.

I've been on SS for a week and a day now and haven't cheated once. I don't really feel any better than day one :cry: On the plus side, the weight loss is great! Am I just not suited to SS do you think?

I have just started my 3rd week and I only feel fab now, although I didnt feel as bad as your describing, It may be something to do with the carbs withdrawel but someone will correct me if i`m wrong.
Hang in there, drink your water, things will get better. hugs to you :)

Hang in there hun, like Sazzy says. You should feel good very soon...I guess it's different for everyone. I have good and bad days and do feel quite tetchy...but try and focus on the positives...those clothes getting looser, the difference on the scales, the confidence increasing as you start looking more gorgeous...it will come !

I know exactly what you mean. I didnt notice any energy boost until i was in my 3rd week, but it will come and you will start to feel better with each day that passes. Keep going strong and you will soon be at your goal weight :)

Hi Lizzie,

I got a little ketosis 'up' now and then but felt pretty rubbish until the end of two weeks - just as you describe. It really does get better, but in the meantime if you're able to do as you feel and curl up with a hot water bottle, rest more and care for yourself, do it and don't feel bad about doing it.

I still get the odd off days on SS and find it really conforting to curl up under a throw with a glass of hot water and water flavouring - an instant cuddle in a glass. Don't know why it's has such a 'there there' effet, but it does!

Stick with it thin-lizzie. It'll come. Still early days yet. I emember feeling like yesterdays lettuce for several days after going into ketosis,then it all turned around in about 48hrs.

you will come back & tell us when the energy kicks in won't you?

Back