Hello there ladies :)

I made a stir fry last night using:

Chicken Breast thinly Sliced
Tesco Egg Noodles (6 syns per pack)
Amoy Peanut Satay (10.5 syns per pack)
Vegetable stir fry
Soy Sauce
Chinese 5 spice sprinkled on the chicken

It was amazing. My serving worked out at 5 syns.

Ive been told in class that Stir frys boost weight loss - so would like to have them regular - but with a different twist each time or I will get bored....

I was wondering whether anyone had any stir fry recipes - rather than using the Amoy Stir fry sauce as this bumps up the syn value of the meal.

Thanks very much in advance!

I make stir fry with Chinese 5 spice, a splash of soy sauce and just some water to give it some "sauce".

We always have a bag of stir fry mixed veg in freezer, which u just throw in, so no chopping veg!

Sometimes make it with quorn pieces too which again cooks from frozen so it is really quick to make.

ive mentioned it before but the tesco chinese stir in sauce is really nice and its only 4 1/2 syns for half the sachet (85 cals = 4 1/2 syns :D)

good luck x

see that Tesco egg noodles was that part of the meal deal wonder was it that 410g pack so 6syns for whole pack? if you remember could you let me no thanks x

Hi, thought I'd add my stir fry recipie ... Syn free on EE

Bag fresh veg stir fry with broccoli in

Sharwoods fine dry egg noodles (boiled for 3 mins) and drained.

Water chestnuts, spring onions

Soy sauce
Garlic

Anything else you would like ..cooked, Chicken, beef, pork etc

Fry lite in pan, heat, throw water chestnuts, spring onions, garlic etc for a few mins then add stir fry pack add soy sauce after a few minutes add the noodles, cook for further few mins adding more soy sauce if needed.

Serve And enjoy :)

Here are a few of my recipes for stir-frys.....................

Pete’s Chicken Stir-Fry-3

Serves 2

Ingredients

150g Pre-cooked chicken pieces (ff)
1stir-fry veg pack (s)(sff)
1x 150g pack Amoy “straight to wok” fine noodles (ff) 1.5syn

Stir-fry sauce

1Tbsp. sweetener
1Tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp blue dragon oyster oil 1syn
1 tsp toasted sesame oil 2syn
1 spring onion, finely chopped (s)(sff)
1 garlic clove, finely chopped (s)(sff)
1 cube of ginger, finely chopped
3 Tbsp. water

Method

Spray a wok with Fry Light and cook the chicken until cooked and browned, remove from the pan, add more Fry Light and cook the veg for 5 mins, return the chicken to the pan, add the noodles and the home made stir-fry sauce, cook for another 5 mins until the noodles are cooked.

Making the Stir-fry Sauce

In a small frying pan, add the ingredients and over a low heat, cook, stirring from time to time to blend, season with salt & pepper. Cook until it thickens then add to the stir-fry after the noodles.

Chicken Stir-Fry-3 (Small).JPG

Pete’s Chicken Chow Mein

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Carrot, sliced into matchsticks (s) (sff)
1 Onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1 Chilli, finely chopped
1 Garlic clove, finely chopped (sff)
1tsp sesame oil (2syn/2=1 syn per person)
1tbsp sweetener
1tbsp runny honey (2.5 syns/2=1.25 syns per person)
2.5cm of Ginger, finely sliced
3tbsp light soy sauce
100g Sharwood’s fine rice noodles (ff)
200g Beansprouts (s) (sff)
250g Chicken breast (ff)

Method

Place the chicken in a freezer for 1 hr., remove & slice into strips, place in a bowl & marinate with 1tbsp of the soy sauce & runny honey, mix well and cover, place in the fridge until mealtime.
Prepare the noodles as per the packet instructions.
Heat wok, sprayed with Fry Light and stir-fry the chicken until browned, add the garlic, ginger, onion & carrot and cook for 2 mins, add the bean sprouts, noodles, sweetener & remaining soy sauce, mix well, cook for 5 mins until hot, just before serving add the sesame oil, serve in heated bowls.

Chicken Chow Mein (Small).JPG

Pete’s version of Sticky Salmon with stir-fried Noodles

(Original on Page 33 of Slimmers World July 2011 mag)

Serves 4 *Extra Easy 1

Ingredients

2 level tbsp runny honey
3 tbsp light soy sauce
Dark Soy sauce
4 Salmon Fillets (ff)
2 X150g packs of Amoy “straight to wok” rice noodles (ff)
6oz/170 runner beans (s)(sff)
1 red, orange & green pepper deseeded and chopped (s)(sff)
5 spring onions (s)(sff)
¼ of a Spanish onion, sliced (s)(sff)
12 small mushrooms, chopped (s)(sff)

Method

Mix the honey and soy sauce in a shallow heat-proof dish. Add the salmon and turn the fish to coat it. Leave for 15 mins to marinate.

Preheat the grill to medium-high
Place the salmon still in the dish and grill for 15 mins turning it once.

Preheat a wok and spray with Fry Light, add the peas, peppers, mushrooms & onions and cook for 5-7 mins, add noodles and toss them through the veg. until warmed.

Place the salmon on to a bed of the noodle stir-fry and season with dark soy sauce and enjoy.

Salmon Stir-Fry (Large).JPG

Back