• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

stir frys

rani

Silver Member
Hi guys,

Am doing cc and am getting bored eating the same foods,i want to make stirfrys but dont know what to use instead of the oil? i dont like the spray oils,they taste funny,can i make it with just water ,soy sauce etc, I would appreciate some feedback into how you lot make ur stir frys.:). Iwill buy the stir fry veg pre packed from asda since it tells you the calorie count on them and is easier to cc.

thanks.:)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I just use a little bit of water. I've never been a big fan of cooking oil anyway. Just use a little bit of water/soy sauce though, because a lot of these stir frys give off water when they're begin cooked and you don't want your dinner to resemble a swimming pool.

Same as happyhealthy :) bung your chicken in and if it starts to catch on the pan a tablespoon or two of water will sort it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I was recommended Fry Light, not perfect but does the job!

Fattack

Likes to eat
I use olive oil spray, it tends to last a work a little better on my pan (as far as sticking is concerned) than fry light - but it is more calories - 20 for a really good spray around (10ml).

I'm looking into using coconut oil instead, as apparently olive oil becomes less good for you when used on a high heat :(

That's not too bad at all really. Fry light's only 4? cals. 6 cals not much more in the scheme of things - i.e. still much, much better than 'proper' oil.

Is coconut oil low cal? Coming from low carb, coconut oil was pretty much regarded as the god of all oils.

though packet stir frys are good , i sometime add some mushrooms to them if they dont already contain any, yum.

rani

Silver Member
yes i love mushrooms to, the pre packed ones have lots of beansprouts in them,which am not to keen on. Its amazing for a huge pkt of stirfry vegs its under 200 calories ,i like them with just sauce and noodles.x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Syn Values 2
SW Winter Warmer Recipes 2
Weight Watchers - Filling and Healthy 2
Syn Values 5
Slimming World - Food Diaries 1