Stirfry??

Sarah2009x

Hey everyone,

I always seem to stuggle to make nice stirfries - silly i know - they should be easy!:rolleyes:

Has anyone got any recipies that are vegetarian or easily made vegetarian?

Or do you all just use a jar/packet for sauce - if so what do you recommend?

Thanks,

Sarah x

I have just had a nice big bowl of vege stir fry!

I bought a stir fry pack from Asdo but then I added some mushrooms and pepper and sweetcorn (not your typical stir fry ingredient I admit but I love the stuff!). In a frying pan I broke a couple of eggs and whisked so it all broke up really thin, like egg from egg fried rice. I added that to the veg along with a pinch of chilli. Stir fried for 4 minutes, added 50g of cooked rice and then a massive splash of soy sauce. I don't like the sauces as they make it all gloopy (is that a real word?!) but I love it with just soy sauce.

I also have 2 slices of nimble bread which I sprayed with frylight and rubbed a garlic clove over and then put in the oven whilst the stir fry was cooking. It is as close to garlic bread as I can get!!

I sometimes marinate some quorn or tofu on garlic, chilli, giner and soy and cook that with the veg too. I try and amrinate it for as long as poss so that it really takes all the yumminess.

I hope that helps!

Hello!

Butternut squash is nice added to stir fry if you slice it really thinly or can peel 'ribbons' of it off to add.

I always like water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, peppers, onion, carrorts, cabbage, beansprouts, brocolli, baby sweetcorn, and mange tout in my stir fry.

If you want a veggie option add quorn pieces or maybe some rice to bulk it out if you are on a green day.

Also, i buy the Blue Dragon stir fry sauces. They work out at roughly 3 syns for 1/2 a pouch and they do some really nice flavours.

I have just had a nice big bowl of vege stir fry!

I bought a stir fry pack from Asdo but then I added some mushrooms and pepper and sweetcorn (not your typical stir fry ingredient I admit but I love the stuff!). In a frying pan I broke a couple of eggs and whisked so it all broke up really thin, like egg from egg fried rice. I added that to the veg along with a pinch of chilli. Stir fried for 4 minutes, added 50g of cooked rice and then a massive splash of soy sauce. I don't like the sauces as they make it all gloopy (is that a real word?!) but I love it with just soy sauce.

I also have 2 slices of nimble bread which I sprayed with frylight and rubbed a garlic clove over and then put in the oven whilst the stir fry was cooking. It is as close to garlic bread as I can get!!

I sometimes marinate some quorn or tofu on garlic, chilli, giner and soy and cook that with the veg too. I try and amrinate it for as long as poss so that it really takes all the yumminess.

I hope that helps!

I never thought to try that with eggs, i'll give it a go. I do tend to marinate tofu with ginger, garlic & soy but by the time i've added veg & noodles it doesn't taste of anything. Thanks

Hello!

Butternut squash is nice added to stir fry if you slice it really thinly or can peel 'ribbons' of it off to add.

I always like water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, peppers, onion, carrorts, cabbage, beansprouts, brocolli, baby sweetcorn, and mange tout in my stir fry.

If you want a veggie option add quorn pieces or maybe some rice to bulk it out if you are on a green day.

Also, i buy the Blue Dragon stir fry sauces. They work out at roughly 3 syns for 1/2 a pouch and they do some really nice flavours.

I like the butternut squash idea & i'll have a look at Blue Dragon sauces. Thanks

I usually just throw the part cooked chicken pieces or quorn pieces, and a load of free stir fry veggies, and a packet of stir fry sauce into the wok, and stir together until cooked and then serve.....and it has always turned out brilliantly...

Stirfry rocks! I get the family pack pre made one from Tesco and marinate some Quorn in some spicey tomato Blue Dragon sauce over night then cook it the next day, its so delish!

A bit of a tip for stir fries if you are using a meat like chicken or beef. Is to cut your meat into stir fry sized pieces place in a bowl and cover with some soy sauce, and chopped fresh garlic and ginger and allow to marinate for a couple of hours. Then add the meat with the marinade straight to the wok or frying pan and cook and then throw in your veggies, gives a great flavour to the stir fry

i made them loads at uni! was the only thing i could ever cook.i would use either quorn or chicken pieces and stirfry with frylight until almost cooked and then add a stir fry sauce.personally i love the oyster and spring onion one-sounds weird but is lovely.leave it till chicken is coated and cooked and add some noodles to the pan.coat and then serve:)
gorgeous and very hard to mess up.trust me cause im a terrible cook!

Have you tried the one in the 100 green recipes book? if not i can put it on here when i get home from work later its simple and really tasty and well worth making.

Love stir frys and think its a good way to use up any bits of veg in the fridge that aren't of much use on their own. I'm a ginger fan so always add loads of ginger to mine along with fresh pineapple and my secret touch of a spash of sherry mixed with soy sauce and sweetner. I know it carrys syns but the amount I use (about a tablespoon) is less than a packet or jar per person and it tastes yummy.

Love stir frys and think its a good way to use up any bits of veg in the fridge that aren't of much use on their own. I'm a ginger fan so always add loads of ginger to mine along with fresh pineapple and my secret touch of a spash of sherry mixed with soy sauce and sweetner. I know it carrys syns but the amount I use (about a tablespoon) is less than a packet or jar per person and it tastes yummy.

Thanks, in an old SW mag there was a chow mein recipe that used sherry vinegar, which i'm sure is syn free, so worth trying :)

Back