Extra Easy Stomach Problems from eating so much fruit and veg?

Meez76

Hi.

I have been on the Extra Easy plan now for 3 weeks. My first week I lost 5.5lb, my second week I followed the plan as I should but only lost 1lb and this week I've felt terrible! I feel bloated, gassy, am struggling to go to the loo and have lost absolutely nothing this week.

My diet before starting SW was absolutely horrendous. Loads of processed fatty foods, take aways and cheese! Not to mention that I only ate once a day and then over loaded myself with way too much food later in the day.
When I was slim previously, it was because I starved the weight off and ate only 2 weetabix with skimmed milk every 2 days.

Now my body has been expected to eat fruit, vegetables, low fat foods etc it seems to be rebelling. Has this happened to anyone else?
I'm starting to feel very despondent. :(

I've been on ee for 10 days and I'm really enjoying it but I do find that some days I find it difficult to go to the loo and other days it's the complete opposite, I'm also getting headaches which I never suffered from before but I'm certain that it's all because my body is adjusting to the new healthy way of eating, my advice would be to stick with it and don't forget to drink lots of water. Good luck

Meez76 said:
Hi.

I have been on the Extra Easy plan now for 3 weeks. My first week I lost 5.5lb, my second week I followed the plan as I should but only lost 1lb and this week I've felt terrible! I feel bloated, gassy, am struggling to go to the loo and have lost absolutely nothing this week.

My diet before starting SW was absolutely horrendous. Loads of processed fatty foods, take aways and cheese! Not to mention that I only ate once a day and then over loaded myself with way too much food later in the day.
When I was slim previously, it was because I starved the weight off and ate only 2 weetabix with skimmed milk every 2 days.

Now my body has been expected to eat fruit, vegetables, low fat foods etc it seems to be rebelling. Has this happened to anyone else?
I'm starting to feel very despondent. :(

At the beginning i did end up with the trots due to Eating more fruit and Veg as they are v high in fiber but after doing it 6 months i now have the upset tummy problem if i eat fatty foods

I do find i am windier now than i used to be but going from a size 20 to a 12-14 i really dont care bout a few extra trumps lol im healthier and happier and thinner and love my food that im Eating

My body Is finally used to the Veg and fruit now and keeps me regular too so its a bonus

Keep going its sooooo worth it

thanks everyone :) I'll give it some time and keep with the plan. I'm enjoying cooking all the new recipes anyway so i'll just keep on going. thanks again

I'm glad I'm not the only one ... I've given up the grapes I'm down to once a week and I'm eating more strawberries I was in so much pain the other day through eating too much fruit I suspect.
I wasn't using my syns but I am now I was snacking on fruit but ill have a hi fi bar or something else instead now I just hope it works

Remember to up your water intake as well.

Sometimes all the extra fibre and fruit can have the opposite effect and cause bloating and constipation.
You need the extra water to help flush it all out.....

sleepymum said:
Remember to up your water intake as well.

Sometimes all the extra fibre and fruit can have the opposite effect and cause bloating and constipation.
You need the extra water to help flush it all out.....

Thanks I'll try that too

I've had the same issue this week too- I restarted SW last week- therefore it's reassuring that other people are going through the same thing!

I am in week 3 and am literally in so much pain and discomfort! I've hugely upped my fruit intake over the last few days and don't think my system has any idea whats going on! I'll ease of the fruit a bit - but will this go on for ever? *worried face!*

Back