Stop making excuses!!!

AOGG

Banned
I tell myself everyday to stop making excuses about being overweight.

My grandad died at the beginning of september which is what prompted me to start cambridge, food did not make the pain go away, my grandad had his first heart attack when he was in his 40's which weakened his heart. He was 16 and a half stone and obesity and heart problems run in my family and altho he got his weight down into a healthy range he had 3 more heart attacks then a stroke a couple of years ago which he never really recovered from and what finally finished him off, he was 87 when he died, all the women in my family on my mum's side are big women who seem to put on weight so easily and seem to have difficulty losing weight. My grandad dying davastated me and I am 35 next april, So I have all the excuses in the world to just to except that genetically I am disposed to be obese but i find myself telling myself daily that i have a choice that I could eat unhealthy food or stick to a weightloss plan, I decided that with the help of cambridge and a higher plan, losing 1/2lbs a week is better than nothing at all. I admire you girls who can stick to SS and SS+100%, because I just can't so I allow myself enough food to bump it up to between 810/1000 and i have found I can stick to this happily and the days don't seem to be so long. Also i have started doing my nails creatively as it seems to keep my mind occupied.

SO NEXT TIME YOU FIND YOURSELF PHONING UP TO ORDER A TAKEAWAY OR HUNTING OUT SOME CHOCOLATE (OR WHATEVER YOUR COMFORT FOOD IS) JUST ASK YOURSELF WHY ARE YOU MAKING EXCUSES TO EAT IT, WHY ARE YOU JUSTIFYING IT TO YOURSELF - JUST WISE UP AND SEE WHAT YOU ARE DOING BEFORE YOU DO IT, ALL THE REGRETS IN THE WORLD CANT TURN BACK THE TIME ONCE YOU HAVE DONE IT

Last edited:
Well said!

i agwee xx

Agree completely love xx

And also rely sorry to hear about your grandad, I'm glad it inspired you to effectively save your own life xxx

I have an idea.... next time you feel as tho you want to have something you shouldn't have start a poll thread on here!........ I've had a shitty day..... Should I order pizza or not???

I have an idea.... next time you feel as tho you want to have something you shouldn't have start a poll thread on here!........ I've had a shitty day..... Should I order pizza or not???

I like it! Then you can list your "justifications" and see how, in black and white, they are nothing to do with hunger!?

And we can all tell you whether you should have it or not lol :) there always seem to be thread started after the deed has been done!!!

lol.. yup.. we need to do it before we eat! I guess the eating then writing could be considered a form of "secret" eating?

is this a pop at the ppl who have posted like myself that i blew it...

is this a pop at the ppl who have posted like myself that i blew it...

Not at all Michele!! We have all had times when we have jumped off the wagon and if you look back at various threads you will see we will have all posted about them.

This was based on AOGG's personal experiences and deductions she had made as a result and then became a discussion about pro-active ways to try not to fall into old traps/behaviours.

Michelle, please don't ever think that hun. Am sure it isn't a pop at anyone at all. Is just how AOGG is feeling

I am the same, I make excuses to eat and then regret it later.

I doubt she us having a pop at you michelle..... She wrote this three hours ago, two hours before your post.

Aw, know how you feel Michele. Feels like everyone else is getting it right, so why can't you? Truth is, we're all going to have days where things don't go to plan.

As for having a pop at those of us who fall off the wagon - definitely not.

The clue's in the first line:

I tell myself everyday to stop making excuses about being overweight.

I think it was more of a note-to-self that she thought might be useful to share. :)

No its not having a pop at all just thought that if it was better to write a thread before you was about to have a binge and then people can keep you on the straight and narrow then to post afterwards when you have had a binge..... all people then can do is say you'll be alright afterwards, this thread was supoosed to rally support for people like me who is struggling and needs intervention before I go off the straight and narrow and was how I was feeling, we all feel helpless to help someone who has fallen off the wagon completely especially when you know they want to be thin and asking for help after the event seems not as helpful, my CDC says to me to ring her if i feel as though i may quit and i would about three days out of seven i want to quit, doesn't everyone???

sorry guys... little sensitive ere...

Aw ladies let's not argue, it's the weekend x

Ok, so I still don't know the reasons why I got so fat in the first place, but I've always ignored any health warnings and knowledge that a BMI of 38 (what I started at) could make me suffer serious problems unless I got it under control.

Now I understand it all and what I was doing to my body. My dad had a heart attack at 54, but I always blamed the smoking, could be genetics, could be his weight (he's yoyo'd between 14.10 and 17.10 at 6'4" for a few years) but it means it COULD happen to me.

Nope!!! Ain't gonna happen

It's taken 8 years, numerous failed attempts at other diets but I finally can see the end results. I'm already that thin person in my head, I just need to get to be her and I WILL

Back