Stop me eating the chocolate..

laurenmay

Gold Member
Please?!

I told myself this was my fresh start today and that it's 100% CD till I hit goal and no excuses or blips & slips..

But there's a share bag of milky bar buttons in the kitchen and their just screaming out to me!! :(

Need distractions from this forum to keep me sane & keep my mind focused on CD!!!

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

LAUREN STOP

You have to find the willpower inside you otherwise this is never going to work. None of us can physically stop you from eating them but you know how much you want to be slim again and eating crap is not going to get you there.

Put them in the bin. You only need to say no to something a few times and then it will be second nature.

I dished out chocolate buttons to the kids yesterday, cheese pizza today, none of it tempted me at all!!

start - 12.2 current - 11.9 target 9.7

Stay focused, I've made chocolate chip cake cookies, cupcakes and chocolate lollipops this week and cook my tea next to a huge bowl of goodies, but that's not how to get skinny, everytime u look at them just say oo u r fat! Your half way through your half way through you third day one if u eat it u will never get out of the circle x

Drunk Tinkerbell said:
LAUREN STOP

You have to find the willpower inside you otherwise this is never going to work. None of us can physically stop you from eating them but you know how much you want to be slim again and eating crap is not going to get you there.

Put them in the bin. You only need to say no to something a few times and then it will be second nature.

I dished out chocolate buttons to the kids yesterday, cheese pizza today, none of it tempted me at all!!

I know :( that's what I don't understand about myself because I do so badly want to lose weight & be slim again, but I can't find any strength or willpower within myself.

Their the babies so I won't throw them out, I know that I have to get used to being around nice foods especially with having a baby, so I'll keep them here & teach myself to feed him a few and not be tempted to feed myself the rest!

I know that as the days go on I'll probably feel stronger, but right now I feel so weak & I hate it. I don't want food to control me anymore!!

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

kristin said:
Stay focused, I've made chocolate chip cake cookies, cupcakes and chocolate lollipops this week and cook my tea next to a huge bowl of goodies, but that's not how to get skinny, everytime u look at them just say oo u r fat! Your half way through your half way through you third day one if u eat it u will never get out of the circle x

I know, I can't believe I've been so weak that it is actually my THIRD day one!!! I'm determined to stick to plan & be a good few pounds lighter at weigh in next Thursday. I just need a push & support from you people cause I feel so alone otherwise while everyone surrounding me eats what they like :(

You should start by hiding them, put them someone in the fridge so you don't have to look at them every time you go in there.

If it were me I'd either feed them to the kids quickly so they're gone, or I'd chuck them away. It's not going to harm your baby to go without chocolate buttons for a few weeks ;-)

But you feeling weak and tempted is why this is your third day, is it worth cheating for a few buttons that will last a whole of 5 seconds, yes they may be nice but then ur gonna be depressed with yourself and it's not worth it. It's not even worth thinkin about x

Drunk Tinkerbell said:
You should start by hiding them, put them someone in the fridge so you don't have to look at them every time you go in there.

If it were me I'd either feed them to the kids quickly so they're gone, or I'd chuck them away. It's not going to harm your baby to go without chocolate buttons for a few weeks ;-)

I've hidden them in the babies basket that has his rusks and jars etc. It's tucked under the shelf of a trolley thing in my kitchen so not within sight anymore.. Out of sight out of mind as they say.

I do feel like throwing them out, but at the same time there's always gonna be temptation around the house cause my OH lives off junk all the time & eats things I like, so I have to get used to it and learn to not let it bother me.

You've got all the support you need here but we can't help you say no to bad stuff or find willpower, only you can do that, I actually hae to force myself to have the shakes now because I'm never hungry. I promise you it gets easier but until you get over that hurdle you will never know x

kristin said:
But you feeling weak and tempted is why this is your third day, is it worth cheating for a few buttons that will last a whole of 5 seconds, yes they may be nice but then ur gonna be depressed with yourself and it's not worth it. It's not even worth thinkin about x

Yeah you're right.. I just wanna be slim again & confident and happy! x

I know, I can't believe I've been so weak that it is actually my THIRD day one!!! I'm determined to stick to plan & be a good few pounds lighter at weigh in next Thursday. I just need a push & support from you people cause I feel so alone otherwise while everyone surrounding me eats what they like :(

dont do it hun!! im on week 2 now and trust me it gets a hell of alot easier!! just get through week one and youl come out of it feeling very proud and determined!! you cant get to the easier part untill youv done the hard part so keep foccused and thing possitive thoughts because you CAN do it :) xxx

Well that's another thing that you should work on, getting your other half to eat propa food instead of junk, if he can't do it for u blame the baby and say u don't want your baby growing up on junk and change family habits, x

Lisa-Marie90 said:
dont do it hun!! im on week 2 now and trust me it gets a hell of alot easier!! just get through week one and youl come out of it feeling very proud and determined!! you cant get to the easier part untill youv done the hard part so keep foccused and thing possitive thoughts because you CAN do it :) xxx

How much did you lose at weigh in?! I hope it does get easier cause right now my mind is just tormented by thoughts of food! I just blended up my 2nd shake with ice and it's yummy so this should keep me distracted for a little while :) xx

kristin said:
Well that's another thing that you should work on, getting your other half to eat propa food instead of junk, if he can't do it for u blame the baby and say u don't want your baby growing up on junk and change family habits, x

I know, I make sure my little one has good food including fruit & vegetables and it's very rare I give him chocolate but when I do it's only 2 or 3 buttons & he'll have petit filous now and again too.. My OH is one of those lucky people who eats & eats and doesn't gain, and I tried getting him to stop eating junk before but he won't do it. And I suppose I can't blame him, cause if I could eat & eat and not gain then I'd probably eat a lot of the bad foods too! x

How much did you lose at weigh in?! I hope it does get easier cause right now my mind is just tormented by thoughts of food! I just blended up my 2nd shake with ice and it's yummy so this should keep me distracted for a little while :) xx

i lost 7lb but my scales say 8lb..either way im happy cos that half a stone :D. it does get loads easier i promise :) just keep foccused and enjoy your shake :) as soon as week ones out of the way youl be fine xx

Lisa-Marie90 said:
i lost 7lb but my scales say 8lb..either way im happy cos that half a stone :D. it does get loads easier i promise :) just keep foccused and enjoy your shake :) as soon as week ones out of the way youl be fine xx

:O well done!! I hope it gets easier, everyone says it does & I keep doubting them cause I find myself struggling so much at the moment.. I'm full off my shake now and just going to chill & watch tv for a little bit :) xx

Yer but to get him to rethink you could tell him it's not fair for the baby to see him eating that ha! Just to make it easier for you, I'm quite luckly when weve had tea together he's had the same as me with either mash or potatoes so it hasn't been so hard, if he sat there with a big chippy dinner it would be so much harder so I know how you feel but making him eat healthy stuff would make it easier for u to diet properly x

kristin said:
Yer but to get him to rethink you could tell him it's not fair for the baby to see him eating that ha! Just to make it easier for you, I'm quite luckly when weve had tea together he's had the same as me with either mash or potatoes so it hasn't been so hard, if he sat there with a big chippy dinner it would be so much harder so I know how you feel but making him eat healthy stuff would make it easier for u to diet properly x

Yeah I know, but he honestly doesn't listen.. He's crazy about food! I've had my second shake but my mind is still obsessing over chocolate etc.. Really hope this gets easier! x

I was in that stage a few months ago. I kept trying to start diets but I just wanted to keep eating and having my last night or last chocolate bar etc. Then it just clicked, I'm sick of not wearing half the clothes in my wardrobe, I'm sick of having to cover up my arms and legs, I'm sick of being such a fashion lover but only being able to pick up the things in shops that I know I can get away with which are not always the items I really love. I'm sick of feeling uncomfortable and like the fat one out of friends and colleagues. I hate photos of myself. I want to see my collarbones more pronounces again, I want to have slim toned legs, and if anything can be done about having smaller arms minus the bingo wings then bloody hell I'll do anything.

You need to think about it Lauren. You need to think, ok so this chocolate is going to satisfy my craving (only for a while, because you know the more you have something the more you end up craving it regularly), you need to forget about chocolate, after all is that what's got you to the weight that you hate so much? It's ALWAYS going to be there. Cadburys and Galaxy are going no where, but if you keep eating them neither is your weight, it's going to stay the same or go up and then when you get that kick in the arse that you want to have full on determination bam, you've got another stone to lose. All of this is coming from a MASSIVE chocoaholic, seriously, I could bathe in the stuff, I could eat my way through bars and bars of it and still want more. So you can do it too!

Also, you say the chocolate is for the baby. I'm sure your baby doesn't need chocolate, so don't do it to yourself and have the temptation there. You're setting yourself a trap right there to binge or have a blip

Back