Stop me eating the chocolate..

Your story sounds so similar to myself and how I am and have been for ages. I always find an excuse for the last treat, the last bit of this or that and days roll into weeks of eating utter rubbish and I'm gaining more & more weight! I remember promising myself a couple of months ago that I was starting a fresh & finally biting the bullet and dieting - I was 10.6 then and now I'm 11.13. And I know if I carry on that the numbers will get bigger and it'll take longer to lose it all.

I know my son doesn't need chocolate, but they are a treat for him now and again and I don't wanna deprive him of them just because mummy is a greedy cow and can't control herself. I don't need them to be a temptation anymore.

I want a flat tummy and not one thats hanging over all my clothes and making all my clothes pinch. I want slim toned legs. I want my collar bones to show. I want to feel comfortable and confident in anything I wear. I want to be able to wear nice clothes and not hide away in pyjamas and baggy things all the time. I want to feel happy in myself again.

I can do this! Thank you!

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

You can do this! You need to work on your thoughts and your temptations, you're right you don't need them to be a temptation, so don't let them be!

Is it really true that the more you have of something the more you have cravings for It?

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

well I find if I eat chocolate regularly, I want it a lot more. Whereas if I haven't had something for weeks the craving for it isn't as great or there at all.

I'm the biggest chocoholic that ever walked this earth, and the chocolate shakes are very satisfying and does the trick x

kristin said:
I'm the biggest chocoholic that ever walked this earth, and the chocolate shakes are very satisfying and does the trick x

I think I'm gonna have a choc mint shake with ice for my 3rd one at 6pm, need some form of chocolate!! x

Yes it really does help, I look forward to mine. I've been weighed and lost 8lb I'm so made up. And after pmt I thought I'd have a low number, I think it would be about 10 pound if it wasnt that time, I'm on my way to skinny! X

kristin said:
Yes it really does help, I look forward to mine. I've been weighed and lost 8lb I'm so made up. And after pmt I thought I'd have a low number, I think it would be about 10 pound if it wasnt that time, I'm on my way to skinny! X

Congrats that's amazing! Is that your first week weigh in? Well done :D I've had my choc mint shake & I'm actually full and satisfied. Sipping water now until my last shake around 9pm :) x

kristin said:
Yes first weigh in I'm so happy, cant wait till next weigh in! X

Well done! Bet that's given you the boost at the end of the week to keep going with it! x

kristin said:
Sure has but I have an engagement tonight, food won't be a problem but I worried drink will! X

I'm lucky cause I hate alcohol, haven't drunk anything since October 2010 before I found out I was pregnant! And even then I never drunk unless I was going out which was very rare, and then it'd only be to get drunk cause everyone else was! There's zero calories in vodka I think, could you take a can of coke zero and have that with some vodka? I'm unsure about alcohol! x

silencemylips said:
I was in that stage a few months ago. I kept trying to start diets but I just wanted to keep eating and having my last night or last chocolate bar etc. Then it just clicked, I'm sick of not wearing half the clothes in my wardrobe, I'm sick of having to cover up my arms and legs, I'm sick of being such a fashion lover but only being able to pick up the things in shops that I know I can get away with which are not always the items I really love. I'm sick of feeling uncomfortable and like the fat one out of friends and colleagues. I hate photos of myself. I want to see my collarbones more pronounces again, I want to have slim toned legs, and if anything can be done about having smaller arms minus the bingo wings then bloody hell I'll do anything.

You need to think about it Lauren. You need to think, ok so this chocolate is going to satisfy my craving (only for a while, because you know the more you have something the more you end up craving it regularly), you need to forget about chocolate, after all is that what's got you to the weight that you hate so much? It's ALWAYS going to be there. Cadburys and Galaxy are going no where, but if you keep eating them neither is your weight, it's going to stay the same or go up and then when you get that kick in the arse that you want to have full on determination bam, you've got another stone to lose. All of this is coming from a MASSIVE chocoaholic, seriously, I could bathe in the stuff, I could eat my way through bars and bars of it and still want more. So you can do it too!

That post relates to me so much!!! You've given me the kick up the butt I need - I 2 started this diet cos no clothes fit me :( but now I'm going to get to goal once and for all!

Glad I could help! I have to listen to myself some times haha, this week is tough for me too, been so close to caving!

Back