Stop obsessing and be sensible!!

Rozziebabe85

I want to stop building myself up before the start of a diet and then knocking myself down once I realise that its not going to work - yet again. I just want to eat healthily and normally. I vow to stop counting calories and start eating healthily - I've dieted long enough to now what that means!!! Please see my diet below - any tips much appreciated.

Day 1 - 28th November

Breakfast
Bowl of Fruit and Fibre with semi-skimmed milk

Snack
Satsuma

Lunch
Tin of Tuna, Salad with Dressing
Wholemeal Pitta Bread
Satsuma

Snack
Banana & Apple

Dinner
Tesco's Light Choices Chicken Tikka Ready Meal
Tablespoon of Creme fraiche and chutney
Fat free active yoghurt.

Snack (probably)
2 Rice cakes and cheese triangle.

Day 2

Breakfast
Porridge with semi-skimmed milk

Snack
Cappucino
Satsuma

Lunch
Tomato and Basil Soup
Tuna Salad Pitta
Satsuma

Snack
Jam Donut (Eck!!)
Apple

Dinner - Special Occasion
3 Battered king prawns with dip
Moussaka with Greek Salad
3 glasses of sparkling wine.

Wont feel disheartened about today - its all about balance!!

Ok - so I have suffered from a eating disorder for all my adult life which involves binging and purging. Its not been a great success as I never actually lose any weight - its just a cycle of small losses and large gains leaving me now in the situation where I am so unhappy I feel like my life has stopped still. I want to use this diary to off load how I am feeling. My friends and family are aware of my condition but its got to the point now that I am sick of talking about it and most of them are sick of hearing about it because I never seem to get any better. I have been to clinics before and although they made me really self-aware and I have all the tools to help me - inside I just can't to it.

I think the problem is that I just want to lose weight so badly that it clouds my judgement on what I need to do. I try to just eat normally and lose weight and then I over-analyse what I have eaten and panic that I won't lose weight and then binge due to the pressure I have put myself under. I then commit myself to a rigid weight loss plan which I think will help me lose weight quickly - this also doesn't work as the minute I go off plan even slightly I give up and binge again. The over analysis of what I eat is really damaging any hope of getting to a point where I have a healthy relationship with food, therefore this plan is not about losing weight. It is about eating in moderation and in a way which makes me feel good. As I am currently 197 pounds I hope that a more balanced approve will see me shift a few pounds in the long-term - once I am up and running with a stable diet I then want to work on a slow weight loss plan. My rules are simple - no weighting, measuring, counting, restricting certain foods. I will eat 3 meals a day and 3 snacks. If I need more food I will have it! I am also going to make some notes on why I feel the need to eat less desirable foods in order to see if there is a pattern which I might then be able to tackle.

Day 2

Breakfast
Fruit and Fibre with SS Milk (I ate this at 5:30am - early start in work)

Snack
2 Multigrain slices of toast (Hungry now due to my early start - could easily have been satisfied by an apple?)

Lunch
Baked Potato & Tuna Mayonnaise (no salad in the canteen?)

Snack
1 x Rice Cake
Mince Pie (Wanted to prepare dinner but I am currently living with my parents and they have guests so the kitchen is out of bounds - had to grab something - bananas were also available?)

Dinner
??

Will update later.

xx

Not good. Had an argument with my boyfriend - feeling very irritable!

Snack
Homecooked bread and cheese
Handful of pork scratchings

Dinner
Glass of red wine
Baked Salmon & Scallops
Green beans with bacon
Too much potato

Need to remember this feeling for next time. I don't feel any better - I feel worse!

X

Day 3

Breakfast
2 boiled eggs
Homemade bread

Lunch
Baked potato
2 bacon
Peas
Satsuma

Snack
Banana
Apple

Dinner
Half large pizza hut veg pizza

Lots of wine - night out
About 4 glasses

Sausage sandwich

Oh my - feel like a drunken student - do want to find what I eat anymore.

Does anyone relate?

I am in a similar situation. I'm finding life so tough at the minute and food is the worst thing to help.

Just out of interest how old are you? Im 28, on Tuesday. I could really do with a buddy/support on this - could you?

I'm 31. Definitely could do with a buddy. Part of the rules of my diary is that I have to write everything - regardless of whether I feel embarassed about what I have eaten. My way of eating has to be for life and I have to accept that it's not always going to be perfect. I shouldn't just give up!

What is your plan? How long have you been doing it.

Xx

Day 4

Breakfast
Toast and Marmalade

Lunch
McDonalds (emotional choice)

Snack
Wine and Crisps (with a friend)

Dinner
Indian Takeaway (binged on this, feel really disappointed)

Very emotional day - results of drinking too much last night. Determined to have a better day tomorrow - working so usually much easier to follow a structured eating plan. Breakfast, lunch, dinner with 3 fruit snacks.

Day 5

Breakfast
Museli with SS milk

Lunch
Baked potato with beans and cheese
Orange and pear

Snack
Apple, satsuma and yoghurt

Dinner
Mcdonalds (can't believe I did this again - it has to stop)
Piece of stollen

Ok. For the next few days I'm going to focus on making sure I plan what I am going to eat in the morning before I go to work. I'm also going to focus on making sure I eat at regular intervals throughout the day. My pinch point is from about 4pm to 6pm. Need to make sure I've got a sensible snack ready if I need it.

Day 6

Breakfast
Bacon roll

Lunch
Lasagne and Chips (in work, hadn't planned what I was eating so panicked and got the same has the person in front of me) - feel very guilty

Snack
Fruit

Dinner - (staying at a friends house, ate everything in sight - gave up after my disastrous lunch)

Pringles
Chicken Curry with rice and naan
Red wine
3 chocolate fingers

Day 7

Breakfast
Fruit
Sausage sandwich

Snack
Mince pie
Bread roll
Cheese and onion crisps

Lunch
Half a wrap
More crisps
Bowl of soup
Mince pie
More bread

Dinner
Pasta Carbonara

What a disasterous day!!!!! Feel like I've just completely given up. Need to put a stop to this. Here's my plan for tomorrow. - working late so will need to get my timings right.

Breakfast - 8:45am
1 boiled egg
Slice if toast
Satsuma

Snack - 10am
Cappuccino

Lunch - 1:45pm
Baked Potato
Tuna salad
Satsuma

Snack - 5pm
Banana
Apple

Dinner - 9pm
Sainsbury's ready meal

Does this look healthy?

Day 8

Breakfast
2 boiled eggs
1 toast with Margarine

Snack
Cappuccino & Satsuma
(could have had tea rather than milky coffee)

Lunch
Baked potato with tuna salad
Satsuma
(feel ok about this)

Snack
Mince pie
Activia yoghurt
Banana & Apple
(too much food)

Dinner
Chicken Fajitas
Mini piece of stollen

Think I eat too much - can anyone advise?

Plan for tomorrow

Breakfast 7am
Fruit & fibre with SS milk

Snack 10am
Satsuma

Lunch 1pm
Satsuma

Snack 4pm
Apple & Banana

Dinner 7pm
Ready Meal

Snack 9pm
Yoghurt

Day 9

Breakfast
Small bowl of cereals
A crumpet

Snack
Satsuma

Lunch
Satsuma

Snack
Banana
Packet of walkers baked

Dinner
Low fat ready meal
Peas
Piece of shortbread

Stressful day. I was fine until about 5pm. Had to stay late in work so ended up having a packet of crisps. Then I was desperate to eat by the time I got home so rush my tea and gobbled up a biscuit before I could stop myself.

New start - Tuesday

Breakfast - Porridge with Maple Syrup

Snack - Apple

Lunch - Tuna, Cottage Cheese, Melba Toast, Salad. Slim a Soup, Orange

Snack - Pear, Slice of Roast Chicken

Dinner - Fat Free Veg Soup, Lamb Steak, Cabbage/Carrot Stir-fry

Snack - Shape Yoghurt

Back