STRANDED, is it ever gonna end?

Over 18" here. No buses, no postie, no school all week, queues in the shops, shelves empty.
Absolute nightmare.
For those who don't have snow, I'd trade places with you like a shot.

I actually feel sorry for the gritter/plough drivers. The roads are gritted and ploughed BUT then another relentless snow shower comes and undoes all the hard work. They can only do so many roads at once. And of course, there's their safety to consider as the roads are tretcherous.

Also, people will "little" cars are desperately trying to get out of the villages and then they get stuck and then we have bumps and then a truck comes.......

I hate it :-(

Blimey you're even worse than us jaylou and I thought we were bad but we've got things in the shops etc, the roads are pretty clear going into Newcastle, its just the villages that are stuck more. Its sunny here atm so I'm hoping it will thaw it out. Our icicles are melting too. I just can't drive anywhere as my car is only little and I don't wanna risk it, plus its trapped under snow anyway, would take ages to dig out :D

My dads getting out in his car though but its bigger. I'm just walking to the local shop only 5 mins away, they don't stock much but its better than nothing.

Hoping all our snow clears up soon :) X

We have loads here too...all school shops and most workplaces are closed...no cars can get out, the whole town has come to a standstill...this was taken last night then we had even more overnight and this morning and its still coming down fast n heavy now! I ahte it :(
2qmndkj.jpg

Woah Linzi, thats almost as deep as ours! Schools are closed here too but actually not been that bad on the roads, weirdly enough apart from the sheet of ice on the A1 yesterday.

The snow here is kind of hard, its not like the sort you can play in, its quite solidified really - weird stuff :confused:

Weather still awful here in Middlesbrough, just had another snow shower. Schools are shut, buses are grinding to a halt. I managed to get to work yesterday but was over an hour late whereas its normally only 10 minutes up the road.

Its an absolute nightmare and I need to get out at the weekend!! x

another one in newcastle its bleaching down here at the minute.

I got stuck in a city centre car park the other day and had to dig myself out cant understand why the council is not clearing them I am paying for the privilige of parking there.

Sons secondary school is about one of the only ones not to have had a snow day and they are not happy bunnys as they are watching their mates FB pages saying they are off :D

I have to admit I do love the snow though, but as i'm not working at the minute :( I dont really have to travel anywhere.

Not that it helps you soccermom, but I suspect a car park isn't high on the list of the council's priorities!!
Although I understand your frustration when paying for it!
It's when I see roads like the A1 being brought to a standstill that I get a bit annoyed but then if the snow keeps on falling what can they do?

I honestly think it's best not to go anywhere - it really makes us consider what is and isn't essential when it comes to shopping and going out.

Totally agree Jaylou, but the one I use has a little man with a little shed lol I often see him sat in there.

I wouldnt mind if I saw more evidence of the streets being cleared though. One of the main through paths in the city centre is still covered in snow was pretty bad the other night when I was in and the streets round here have never been gritted :eek: so where is everyone.

We've just had 2 tractors going down the road again. They come down every day and help clear the local area - good on them, keep up the good work!!!!!! :happy096: x​

We've just had 2 tractors going down the road again. They come down every day and help clear the local area - good on them, keep up the good work!!!!!! :happy096: x​

They were talking about this on telly this morning and saying why cant the govt give farmers a £500 grant to buy a snow plough so they can go out and clear the areas around them.

Sounds like a plan to me.

just been round the village here in derbyshire, wow never seen so many folk. Another day at home grrr, needed to get out for a while. Cant shovel anymore my backs killin. Heres photos of the back yard at its worst hopefully no more.

Attachments

• outside back door.jpg
    outside back door.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 37
  • garage.jpg
    garage.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 41
omg and i thought we had it bad here! Thats a nightmare

Well, after having said that we seemed to have escaped, Reading had about an inch last night. The main roads are fine, but the side roads and some of the pavements are a bit grim. Nothing like the problems that the rest of the country are having, of course.

No more snow here yet tonight thank goodness, apparently its going to be a bit clearer the next few days so lets hope thats true as I can't be coping with anymore snow!
Its definitely warmer tonight but having just looked outside its not melted any :rolleyes:

No more snow here yet tonight thank goodness, apparently its going to be a bit clearer the next few days so lets hope thats true as I can't be coping with anymore snow!
Its definitely warmer tonight but having just looked outside its not melted any :rolleyes:

Blimey its been bleaching out of the sky in our end of newcastle :eek::D my OH dug out the drive and its covered again, maybe you will get it now.

Blimey its been bleaching out of the sky in our end of newcastle :eek::D my OH dug out the drive and its covered again, maybe you will get it now.
Eeek I must be in the dry bit of Geordieland. Its not been too bad all day, bit of a downfall this after but not too much. I've got loads to do this weekend so it better not affect me, I'm hoping it will miss here for a few days but I doubt it :rolleyes:

Eeek I must be in the dry bit of Geordieland. Its not been too bad all day, bit of a downfall this after but not too much. I've got loads to do this weekend so it better not affect me, I'm hoping it will miss here for a few days but I doubt it :rolleyes:

here we go again :D

Back