Strange goings on!!!

Margery Dawe

Silver Member
Something very strange happened to me tonight. I was watching my son playing football this afternoon and when it was time to leave I started getting cramps in my lower stomach. Within 5 mins it was ssssoooo painful. I had to stand and wait for my DD to get off the bus and all wanted to do was curl up in a ball. I was bent over in pain. Luckily my friend came along and stood waiting for my daughter and I could barely walk to the car. Managed somehow to drive home and thankfully the paid went.

Four hours later, it's still a little tender and feels bruised!!!!

Did my intestines go into spasm? Was it a touch of IB (although the last thing I eat was at 12.00pm)?

Very baffling and wondered if anyone else has had something similar.

If I didn't know any better, I would have said that I was 6cm dilated :eek:

It sounds like abdominal colic caused by trapped wind. it can be extremely painful. When you say lower stomach do you mean below umbilicus (tummy button) or in the stomach itself?

Yes, below my tummy button. I don't think it was trapped wind as I am an expert of releasing it .... if you know what I mean ;-) hehehehe

Check the gall stone thread !!!

Hope you feel better fast !!!

Ouch, feel better soon xxx

gallstones cause pain much higher up almost in the chest. At this level it is more likely to be large bowel involvement.

Thank you !!! It was just a shot in the dark.

Back