Strange symptoms from starting on SS

SkinnyBotch

Hi

I am on day 8 of SS and wanted to share a few symptoms to see if anyone knew what they meant. Just to confirm - I am drinking the required amount of water and not exercising.

• Muscles in legs feeling very strange, almost like cramp, but not (I have heard that this could be due to a change in sodium levels)

• Joint pain i.e. knees, elbow, wrist

• Eyes are very bloodshot, tired, and sensitive

In general I feel very weak and unhealthy. I am almost tempted to give up and join the gym and do a high-protein diet with normal food, to feel fit and strong, rather than like I am sick all the time.

Any thoughts on what these symptoms might mean and how long they might last would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance.

I'm on day 18 and I've had the same feeling in my legs like a dull ache all the time. I've had really bad acid which is awful and had a really bad stomach like really bad stabbing pains. The acid and stomach are fine now. The legs still ache like I've been walking for hours. Spoke to my CDC and she said it will pass and not to worry :) keep at it it does pass x

SkinnyBotch said:
Hi

I am on day 8 of SS and wanted to share a few symptoms to see if anyone knew what they meant. Just to confirm - I am drinking the required amount of water and not exercising.

[*]Muscles in legs feeling very strange, almost like cramp, but not (I have heard that this could be due to a change in sodium levels)

[*]Joint pain i.e. knees, elbow, wrist

[*]Eyes are very bloodshot, tired, and sensitive

In general I feel very weak and unhealthy. I am almost tempted to give up and join the gym and do a high-protein diet with normal food, to feel fit and strong, rather than like I am sick all the time.

Any thoughts on what these symptoms might mean and how long they might last would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance.

Firstly well done for getting this far and not giving in. I had the same sypmtoms and wondered when id feel better. I have aching knees when im tired so suffered with this due to lack of energy. Day 7 was when I felt differant. Completely differant aswell. Some people get there after 4 days, alot of people told me first 2 weeks were the hardest. Unfortunately we all get there at differant rates and when our body has adapted. All I can say is persevere with it and give it atleast 2 weeks and, no promises, you should feel better. If not, try an extra meal a day if you have a high BMI and your CDC is happy for you to do this or do SS+?
Hope it happens soon for you :)

Week 6 for me and I guess I have been very lucky as no adverse symptom's for me at all.

I would stick with it a bit longer as you are getting everything you need from your 3 packs a day so it may just be the drop in kcal which is making you feel the way you are x

Thanks everyone, for your help/advice. I actually caved in and ate something, as I was feeling so unwell. It is good to know that others are succeeding with little / no symptoms, so better bet back on the wagon. Thanks again.

Back