Strategies for evening weakness.

boofaloo

Gold Member
Ok guys i need your help.

I am back on SS and am doing well - until tea time when I am making the kids tea and nibble.
I need you to help me think of ways to overcome this and get around the temptation of food at tea time.

Part of me says - just get a hold of yourself you've done so well until now - if you nibble you'll waste the whole day. BUT the other half of me just doesnt care and thinks its a new day tomorrow.

AARGH this is driving me mad. Why am i so weak and pathetic at tea time. Why does my will power clock off and go home at 5 oclock!!!

HELP!!

It's the worst time of the day isn't it? Could you split a pack/bar and save it for this time so have a planned meal? Or maybe have a savoury drink to tide you over until a bit later (I know I like to concentrate on mine once kids are tucked up asleep).

Depending on how you tolerate it you could try sugar-free gum( I know not recommended but it has never taken me out of ketosis or made me want to eat) as the mint stops you smelling the cooking food.:)

My treat is a glass of coke zero ... again i know it's not recommended but i've been fine on it and it has never started my cravings, just helped with the hunger!! Just helps in that after school slot!!

I always save a little something to have at that time as Nat suggested but also sometimes I wear my mp3 and dance and sing and try to put myself in a little world of my own so that I am not really concentrating on the food / cooking. Yes I look a little mad but hey, I haven't broken my diet yet !

FAB suggestions guys!! Thanks!!

Am going to try them out tomorrow.

Keep them coming everyone else. :)

We always used to have coffee and cake or biscuits at 5.00 when we finished work (we both work from home). So now I plan my meals to allow 1/2 bar or a half pack muffin at that time instead. And I've brought dinner forward half an hour so I know there isn't so long to wait before eating (or drinking soup in my case).

Firstly Helen well done on your weightloss and like you say last push to the end now...:)

I'm the same as you, I really struggle from the minute I get in from work. I cope all day at work absolutely fine and the minute I walk through the door I'm thinking food, food, food...:confused:

As mentioned by someone else already, I treat myself to a glass of Coke Zero as well and if it really does get uncontrollable I have a slice of ham. I have also found myself jumping in a bath really early whilst my son is eating or watching TV just to get out the kitchen...

It really is a bad time for me as well so you're not alone and I presume it's just one of the things we have to cope with and something we have to pat ourselves on the back for each night we get through it...:)

Back