stress and food

Daisee

hello all....following my great loss on friday I have been to domestic hell...my partner and I have had 2 awful rows and its sooooooooooooooooooo hard to not reach for the food to feel better... does anyone else know what I mean?
(Apparently me cooking him lovely meals and lunch boxs for work is not me showing him how much I care despite been on lipotrim and NOT eating....apparently there is more to life than food he shouted at me!!!) I HATE ARGUMENTS :cry:

OUCH!! You poor thing. As if life on Lipotrim wasn't hard enough. Keep with it girl. Don't let this fight break your will to succeed. You are worth more than that.

Grrr at blokes!! LOL! Yes stress and food are certainly linked for me, you must be going mental in your own mind - the first thing I would want to do is reach for food... but DON'T! If hes p*ssed you off enough already, think how peeved you would be knowing hes the sole reason you flunked ya diet and felt guilty...!!!

Hes lucky hes being cooked for and having lunches made!! These men have got it made in most situations! My other half moans CONSTANTLY about his packed lunches that I make every single morning at about 6.30am... cause he 'gets a bit bored of usual stuff like ham...' yet refuses to get anything different even though hes there on the food shop! my fault of course! If he moans too much I go on strike, soon shuts him up! ;P

Dont cave in, take the moral high ground and send him to coventry for a while and when he sees how upset you are he will apologise and you will not have broken your hard work :))
Donna xx

Is someone feeling a bit threatened by the fact that you are taking control of your eating? Is he frightened that once you're slim you'll run off with someone else? Not sure what your home situation is but if you're working, why are you making his sandwiches? Tell him to make his own. If you're not working then fair enough but he should at least appreciate you doing it for him while you're dieting, and making his meals. Keep strong and don't let his issues confuse you and take your focus off your goal. You need to be slimmer for your health and ultimately your life. If he can't support you in this it doesn't say much for him having your best interests at heart. Bloody men. Good luck.

Hi Daisee
I agree with last post, perhaps your partner is feeling a bit threatened. How come he's not doing his own lunches while you are trying to stick to 100% Lipotrim? Keep going, it's worth it. You'll get there.

Totally agree 100% with Cate on this.
I've not been having rows with my OH but even knowing i am not eating, he still sits on the settee and waits for me to cook all the meals.
I don't mind doing it but he sits every evening with his goodie bag while we watch tele. Biscuits, cakes, sweets, you name it it's in the bag lol.
He will keep like holding out packets of biscuits and stuff to me saying go on have one and i know why.
He is soooooo scared that i will lose the weight and someone else will show an interest in me. Everyone has said exactly the same to me. He is trying to sabotage me and keep me overweight.
You keep strong Daisee and keep up the good work. That is the best way to shut them up ;) x

Awww Daisee and Kat the diet is hard enough without the primitive male species poking their jealous ORE into everything. Im too cranky as it is when its mealtimes that id wack a saucepan over his head if he kept on at me. Luckily he is very supportive and i know how vital suppirt is when doin LT. Im sorry that u dont have that at home. :-(

Men, what are they like? I can't believe that anyone's partner would actively sabotage their OH's diet just to make sure that they stay fat! That is mental and shows just how insecure they are. My OH hated me being fat and did everything he could to help but he did get fed up towards the end ........now he'll say " you don't want one (whatever he's munching) do you? dont want you to get a fat arse again!"....he's got a point though and as I now have a nice size 12 bum I want to hang on to it:D

Tell him to go to hell Daisee and do this for yourself x

Is someone feeling a bit threatened by the fact that you are taking control of your eating? Is he frightened that once you're slim you'll run off with someone else? If he can't support you in this it doesn't say much for him having your best interests at heart. Bloody men. Good luck.

I second that ! xx

lol

Last edited:
hello all....following my great loss on friday I have been to domestic hell...my partner and I have had 2 awful rows and its sooooooooooooooooooo hard to not reach for the food to feel better... does anyone else know what I mean?
(Apparently me cooking him lovely meals and lunch boxs for work is not me showing him how much I care despite been on lipotrim and NOT eating....apparently there is more to life than food he shouted at me!!!) I HATE ARGUMENTS :cry:

I totally agree with you about the link between food and stress, and like you I will do anything I can to avoid an argument. If you were advising someone in your situation, what would you tell them? :rolleyes:
Throw his argument back to him and say, "You're absolutely right, there is more to life than food and that's why I'm not going to waste mine by making food for you at the moment! That way, we can spend more time doing fun things together like going to the pictures, etc." Firm but fair?

Throw his argument back to him and say, "You're absolutely right, there is more to life than food and that's why I'm not going to waste mine by making food for you at the moment! That way, we can spend more time doing fun things together like going to the pictures, etc." Firm but fair?

Love this Jessie. That should take the wind out of his sails, Daisee.

I have never weighed more than 14st 2lbs and I'm 5'6"....... Though he's never said anything I got the feeling that my OH was totally repulsed by my weight. Our sex life had dwindled away to nothing at that point though I think that had a lot to do with how much I hated myself......I still hate the soft bits that I've got on my thighs and tummy, though at 50 I don't think I look too bad. My OH is very slim and hasn't put on a lb in 20 years, sometimes I so wish that he had just a few extra lbs then I wouldn't feel so bad about mine.......until I got down to about 12 st he hadn't seen me naked for ages and I wore a voluminous nightie to bed:eek:

Some men just dont know they are born it would seem!!
Although ive been cooking all of pauls meals and getting up at 4am to make his lunch for work during the diet he has offered to make his own tea while ive not been eating. But i dont mind really, him finishig work at 7pm then cooking isnt ideal so i have him something ready but im sure he wouldnt complain if i didnt.
Im quite lucky really that my OH has been really supportive through all of this and has offered to pay for my exante which i will be starting in 2 weeks.

But there has been other stress's, like this stuff in japan, its been hard, what with having my brother there and i would have normally turned to food but couldnt so regardless of the stress its a natural reaction for reach for it so well done for not giving into temptation!!!

But seriously.... make him cook his own meals or ask him to diet with you and see what he says to that!!! lol

Last edited:
Katie this is my 3rd go at LT. My OH actually did do the other 2 attempts with me and it did not help lol.
On the 3rd weigh in the first time he only lost 2 lbs and said sod this and headed for the nearest restaurant and that seemed like a great idea so off we went and that was the first fail.
We tried again and reached our 2nd weigh in and he stayed the same weight so yet again said sod this and headed straight to the nearest pig out joint.
I was in a different frame of mind back then so happily came off LT as well.
To be totally honest i actually banned him from doing it this time :D x

Oh no!!!! He must have been eating to have not lost anything? Lol

Yeah I agree, I had to get onto my man as he had the cheek to buy me chicken wings. He also went and called in a take away which is not fair in front of me. I told him it has to stop he has about 3 take aways a week. I have made him go down to 1 even that is to much

Back