Stretch marks

i have them from my 1st pregnancy 10 years ago, i didnt seem to get any with my other 2. there pretty faded now, and dont really notice unless ive been using the sunbed. never let them get me down, they are a constant reminder than im lucky enough to be a mother :)

Aline said:
Hope you'll love yourself the same way your husband loves you: unconditionally. Easier said than done, I know...
xx

I buy my lotions and beauty prosucts from an health store that has tons of vegan and organic beaty products. The prices varies from country to country.

xx

Ta x

i have them on the tops of my arms (which i really hate as thry tan and show up on close photos!) and all over my belly, ribs, hips, thighs and back! hate them and am trying to get into a routine of moisturiser after washing and oil in the evening

I have horrific ones on my stomach, some with pregnancy and others because I gained weight. This time last year I was 2 stone heavier and realised they were getting larger and deeper so that spurred me on to lose weight. My stomach is so distorted now, especially as weight has come off that I don't think it can ever be attractive again no matter what weight I lose.

I'm covered in them - even on the back of my knees!? I got most of them as a child (I actually weighed more then than I do now :|) but have got to say they've faded quite significantly and aren't red and angry looking anymore, just like silvery indentations on my skin.

I used to be really conscious of them but I suppose I'm just used to them now.

Clareel,
You're not alone, I also have stratch marks on the back of my knees and I have them since I was 11 yo (sigh...). I have those (and some on my hips) from growth. I also have a few marks from yo yo dieting, but most of my streatch marks result from growing.

x

I got them on the back of my knees too, I got them when I was in my early 20s than then I was having a growth spurt for some odd reason. One thing that I find odd is that my sister who'se already had a baby and another on the way has less than me who'se never had children. We're both similar body types too (same shape and both were 10/12 in late teens/early 20s and 18s in our mid 20s).

Mine are thick too.. But I'm sweet talking my doc and has referred me for a tummy tuck... Fingers crossed the hospital say yes x
ooh how did u manage that? i am dying for one, if i lose too much more weigh i will be too skinny, i do exercise e3very day and the skin is still hanging on my tummy so theres nothing i can do about it! what did u have to say to ur docs? xxx

juicygooseface said:
ooh how did u manage that? i am dying for one, if i lose too much more weigh i will be too skinny, i do exercise e3very day and the skin is still hanging on my tummy so theres nothing i can do about it! what did u have to say to ur docs? xxx

Just told him how stressed I was .. Said it's affecting my relationship .. ( White lie ) and showed him my tummy....and my legs arms etc which are fine despite me losing weight ... And basically sold it to him... And we get on well... I think he likes people who help themselves x

Just told him how stressed I was .. Said it's affecting my relationship .. ( White lie ) and showed him my tummy....and my legs arms etc which are fine despite me losing weight ... And basically sold it to him... And we get on well... I think he likes people who help themselves x

thats exactly what i was going to say to my doc! haha. well it does get me down to be fair, i will have to just keep on at my doc i think. tell them i dont wanna keep losing weight and become ill, that might work lol thanks hun! xxx

Tell him your losing weight to feel better but despite being slimmer it's now made you feel low mentally because now your conscious about the skin and how unsightly it is... Don't worry that's the term my doc used in his referral ...I'm sure your beautiful really... Tell him you thought being slimmer would boost your confidence and help your intimacy but actually it's made things worse and now your uncomfortable with how you look.... Sadly vanity does not come into it you have to say it's affecting you emotionally to get anyone to listen ... Good luck though.. I was referred 3 months back still not heard... And doc said only 1 in 3 get a yes x

Oh girls, I hope you both will got an yes, if that's what you really want :)

Sigourney, is it common to wait so many months until they tell you their decision?

xx

that makes sense, thanks too aline! realy hope i get put forward xxxx

i have stretch marks on my belly, boobs and some strange tiny ones you can hardly see on my arms. I use bio oil and they have faded them

Gosh, stretch marks have preety much taken over my upper body. The weird thing is, although my stomach/handles look like a roadmap :p, I don't mind them as much, since I got a majority of them from my pregnancy. The ones that irk me are the ones on my arms and shoulders...I hate them so much because you can see them when I wear anything sleeveless/short sleeved.

I guess for me it's the idea that I got soooooo big I got SHOULDER stretchmarks...yuuuuuck....I've only ever seen shoulder stretchmarks on those extreme bodybuilders. :(

Ooh, I've heard of bio oil, but never tried it. Aline, your BF sounds like the perfect man! They are few and far between.

you can get good deals on bio oil online.

marshma said:
i have stretch marks on my belly, boobs and some strange tiny ones you can hardly see on my arms. I use bio oil and they have faded them

That's cool.. Did not work for me ... X

Back