Stretchmarks!!

starkissedx

Gold Member
As I'm noticing my stomach shrink with weightloss the more I notice my stretchmarks which run from like my tummy button to my knickers line. Any tips or lotions and potions you know of to get them gone?

starkissedx said:
As I'm noticing my stomach shrink with weightloss the more I notice my stretchmarks which run from like my tummy button to my knickers line. Any tips or lotions and potions you know of to get them gone?

Ooh me too! I'm exercising and losing slowly as the last thing I need is saggy skin!

I have. Them in a few places becoz when i put on weight i did put it on really quickly and it was simply becoz i was working in brgerking And eating it 3 times a day lol bio oil definatly works u can get a cheaper version from savers , dont no if u have 1 where u live x

Superdrug also do their own make of bio oil & it smells gorgeous too. :) xx

I have so many stretch marks I think I give up- I put the last stone or two on very quickly, my upper arms are particularly bad :(

Does bio oil work on pretty well established stretch marks? I need to try and justify the expense to myself!

Well it turned mine white but u can still see them a little bit but my are really thick and really deep so thts why x

Mine just went luckily on own had loads now some have gone others shrunk but all faded can hardly see em

I've been putting vitamin E cream on mine and I think it's better than Bio Oil. I used to use it before. I used Palmers Cocoa Butter Cream for stretchmarks on them before but I thought it was ok-some people have said it was good though. I've also been eating more omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin E on my diet so my skin's elasticity improves-thats why the stretchmarks are there in the first place, the skin's elasticity kind of broke basically and then the marks formed. I've been putting 3 almonds in with my porridge (almonds have both vitamin E and omega 3 in them). Flaxseeds, sunflower seeds etc or nuts would do the same job though. I try to have 1-2 portions of oily fish a week (it has omega 3 in it too)-usually I end up having salmon. I think if you heal the skin from the inside out, that this will be effective. Oh I think water will improve the quality of your skin overall too so I've been doing that too. Other than that, the only other thing I've heard is laser removal or hiding them with fake tan. It sucks, I have keratosis pilaris (little red bumps on my arms too!) But the thing is, you will notice them way more than anyone else will. I've been putting aloe vera on the bumps on my arms and it's not bad for the stretchmarks too, just keeping doing it twice a day morning and night! x

dietgirl24 said:
I've been putting vitamin E cream on mine and I think it's better than Bio Oil. I used to use it before. I used Palmers Cocoa Butter Cream for stretchmarks on them before but I thought it was ok-some people have said it was good though. I've also been eating more omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin E on my diet so my skin's elasticity improves-thats why the stretchmarks are there in the first place, the skin's elasticity kind of broke basically and then the marks formed. I've been putting 3 almonds in with my porridge (almonds have both vitamin E and omega 3 in them). Flaxseeds, sunflower seeds etc or nuts would do the same job though. I try to have 1-2 portions of oily fish a week (it has omega 3 in it too)-usually I end up having salmon. I think if you heal the skin from the inside out, that this will be effective. Oh I think water will improve the quality of your skin overall too so I've been doing that too. Other than that, the only other thing I've heard is laser removal or hiding them with fake tan. It sucks, I have keratosis pilaris (little red bumps on my arms too!) But the thing is, you will notice them way more than anyone else will. I've been putting aloe vera on the bumps on my arms and it's not bad for the stretchmarks too, just keeping doing it twice a day morning and night! x

If you visit the mumsnet forum and search for flexitol (heel balm) there is a long post on there about it helping to get rid/improve that condition. My husband had it on the back of his upper arms/thighs and it has really helped.

Im not sure abou this bio oil, stretch marks is really your skin ripping apart, so cant really see how rubbing the oil will help??? stretch marks do fade with time and go a silvery white so perhaps the bio oil just keeps the skin moisturised, i think if you wer anticipating weight gain then starting on bio oil would possibly benefit.

But use it if you feel better about it.

Im not sure abou this bio oil, stretch marks is really your skin ripping apart, so cant really see how rubbing the oil will help??? stretch marks do fade with time and go a silvery white so perhaps the bio oil just keeps the skin moisturised, i think if you wer anticipating weight gain then starting on bio oil would possibly benefit.

But use it if you feel better about it.
I think its supposed to fade them faster (whether it does this or not who knows lol!). It'd be good for your belly if you were pregnant I bet :)

Back