StripedDaisy's SnS diary

StripedDaisy

A sucker for a key change
Hi all, as many may have noticed I've been lurking these parts for about a month in preparation for my journey to shift my unwanted lbs. Unfortunately, I am computerless at the mo and it isn't easy typing long posts on my phone so I will introduce myself properly later... if I can borrow my daughter's mac. I have posted this so I will be obligated!

Day 2 btw.

Laters xx

Here to follow x
Good Luck :)

Right, here goes. I had my first child at 19 (20 years ago) and was terrified of gaining weight so ate a lot less than I had been running up to pregnancy and obviously none of the copious amounts of alcohol I had been getting though either. Unbelievably, I managed to go from 9 stone to 13.5 stone during the pregnancy and only lost about 1.5 stone giving birth! Moving along a few years, i bobbed about 13 stone for a long time until I became unwell with serious asthma and with lots of steroids, I went up to a mighty 15 stone in just 2 months - then I discovered diet pills when I was at university. Man, I loved them, oodles of energy, weight falling off and hardly any sleep required made studying all night so easy. Suffice to say I loved them and managed to get down to 11 stone and hit the wall and I just couldn't make the scales move anymore. Sadly those pesky pills lost their licence as some people were having heart attacks or summink and I was no longer able to get them. Moving on again, I met my husband (who I went to secondary school with in the eighties) and we started eating a bar of green and blacks chocolate every night. After gaining back about 2 stone (now 13 stone again), we got married and I had two more children (now 6 and 7). The first of those pregnancies left me with another stone of extra weight, but by some miracle when I had my last baby, I weighed in 1.5 stone less than when I got pregnant. The reason I'm boring you all (if anyone is out there lol) with my weight ups and downs, is really to remind myself how I have felt at various weights.

Somehow, three years ago, I suddenly realised I was getting fatter (how I don't know) so I joined SW at an even mightier 16st 1lbs, lost almost three stones (but it took ages) and got bored and regained 2 stone, so joined WW, got bored even faster (although I prefer it to SW) and gave up after losing a stone. Since, I have bobbed between 14, 7 and 15 stones. (Still awake?). My problem with SW and WW isn't the regimes themselves as clearly they are sound and have been successful for millions. However, they make me obsessive about food. I can maintain fairly easily by being vaguely aware of what I have eaten each day, but I can't stand obsessing about food all the time as it depresses me - hence why I end up getting bored/fed up and giving up.

So, here I am. A friend told me about S&S and I arrived back here on minimins about a month ago. I've never done a VLCD before, so I don't know how I will get on with it, but I'm hoping for a similar downward trend as the diet pills. I have my sample pack so here I go....

Day 1 - Hazelnut shake (meh so will make into a coffee next time), mild curry with green beans (can I have them?), cottage pie and cauliflower with a dark choc coconut bar in the evening, washed down with a can of coke zero (gutted I can't drink my favourite diet lemonade). I have to say, I felt hungry, but probably because I was obsessing all day about starting. So to supplement, I also had 200g of chicken (bad but protein only so I'm hoping that it won't prevent ketosis starting asap).

Day 2 - (lighter life sachets from my above mentioned friend who has kindly given me all the sachets she had left over that she didn't like (about 100 of them)) apple and cinnamon porridge, asparagus soup (a little slimy and less tasty as I got to the end) and a shepherds pie with leeks and a little chilli powder for tea (almost made me vomit). I will treat myself with a S&S bar this evening.

Although I have only had a day of each brand, I already prefer the S&S sachets so will have to follow advice I have seen on here and have at least one sachet I don't particularly like every day - probably two as I have so many of the LL sachets (grateful but pfffttt). I expect I have not written loads that I meant to share.

Oh, I won't be telling those at work. I have been off sick for the last six months with an anxiety disorder and I'm due back on Thursday....

Oh, and I am really missing my lovely cups of tea with one sugar. It doesn't matter what sweeteners I buy, I just can't stand the taste in tea.

My goodness, I have spewed out far tmi for one post! I will try to rein it in tomorrow.

Laters xx

Last edited:
Not far TMI at all x I think we're a complex bunch and much of our pasts influences our weight.
I've been up and down like a yo yo too but luckily the highest I got was near 14st in my 2nd pregnancy. I've not been below 11.7 since I got married 6 years ago. I blamed giving up smoking but in truth it was just my greed LOL!
You're on the right road and think of that 1st weeks big loss :) its my 1st time on a VLCD too so hopefully we can support each other x
WT x

First off - good luck! I'm starting S&S tomorrow and not done a VLCD either.. I shall be following your story :) x

Kick him out! Mines been eating Pringles, biscuits and a box of chocs and has offered me one of all if them :)

i would also kick him out, though my partner does have a sweety bag in the bed room *roll eyes*

Good luck xx

You'll do great just take it one day at a time. My highest weight was 18 stone about 3 years ago. Managed to shift 1.5 stone doing Atkins in time for a family wedding and looked awful in my dress Have maintained around 16.5 stone for past 3 years losing a stone and then putting it back on again. Decided this time I will do it no matter how long it takes. I am now in a size 16 and love being thinner. I have hot rid of all my old big clothes so if I put weight back on I would know straight away cos I would have to buy a bigger size again Anyhoo the point of my rambling is that many of us are yoyo dieters but we don't have to be anymore

You'll do great just take it one day at a time. My highest weight was 18 stone about 3 years ago. Managed to shift 1.5 stone doing Atkins in time for a family wedding and looked awful in my dress Have maintained around 16.5 stone for past 3 years losing a stone and then putting it back on again. Decided this time I will do it no matter how long it takes. I am now in a size 16 and love being thinner. I have hot rid of all my old big clothes so if I put weight back on I would know straight away cos I would have to buy a bigger size again Anyhoo the point of my rambling is that many of us are yoyo dieters but we don't have to be anymore

Love what you said and totally agree :) x

Forgot to mention a temporary (2nd pregnancy) interactive thyroid!

Well I've had a new year miracle, I couldn't get to sleep last night and noticed a metallic taste in my mouth reminiscent of the diet pills so peek'd on a stick this morning and ketosis has kicked in already! Soooo, I treated myself to an unofficial WI and I'm 5lbs down already.

Also, karma was working this morning after last night's smarties incident....my breath was so bad, my husband could smell it in the bathroom 5 minutes after I had my morning wee hahahahaha.

I'm struggling to eat today but i feel really empty. I tried to eat a ll raspberry porridge at lunchtime and it was rank-tastic so had a two egg and mushroom omelette instead. No idea what to eat... I might try the macaroni cheesewith some broccoli.....

Laters xx
I
I

Well, I easy running out of time yesterday to fit enough packs in so before my evening (lemon) bar, I combined a mac cheese with a chilli and added broccoli and cauliflower. O......M........G, it was almost orgasmic.

Today was my first day back at work after an extended sick leave so I sneaked to the kitchen at 11 for a choc shake (okay but a bit sweet for me). I was disappointed to be ravenous within 2 hours as i was so not hungry yesterday, i stupidly assumed the same would happen today. I opened my drawer and found an unopened packet of bacon jerky from montjs ago... I was so hungry I decided it would be okay to eat. I don't think I was right as I have been starving since. When I got home I scoffed down a spicy spag bol with a stack of kale (can I have that?) Quickly followed by my first choc truffa bar (Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm). I've managed to wait until now to have an onion soup from my dreaded ll packs. But it was surprisingly delicious so I will be happy to have more of the tens of those I've got.

Sorry, this is purely a food and hunger entry... a day off for me tomorrow so I will try and be more interesting lol. And catch up with everyone else's diaries. Time for celeb bb.......

Laters xx

Haha, just noticed I put interactive thyroid! Obvs meant underactive. ... bloody galaxy s3 thinks I always mean something else!

I think as it is quite tricky for me to post on here without a pc, it isn't really worth the hassle trying to update when I don't think it is being read. So, I'm packing the diary in and will go back to lurking. I'm only saying this so no-one thinks I'm quitting the diet, just the diary :4633:

Xx

I just came across this and feel :(. I know how you feel though, but my diary is more for my ramblings as I think if I can type/write/say how I feel then I'm letting the feelings out and not holding them in and risking eating out of emotions rather than hunger!
I've spent ages reading the diaries on here and some are a lot busier than others but I think it's quite difficult to keep up with them all.
Feel free to share my diary if you want as that's quiet too! :p

WT x

I will thank you. This is my second go at replying but my phone does what it wants so I will beg dd1s mac off her tomorrow and reply properly xx

I agree continue with your diary

It's great to look back on in weeks to come when you need a reality check.

Some diaries do get more posts than others but that does not mean people don't read them or relate to them

I don't chat a lot in mine but I do post weekly at least so I have something to look back on about how I was feeling, my goals and my positives.

Hi I agree

I'm here reading just takes me a while to get through all the diaries ESP now it's jan! Diaries r great to look back on even if it's just u getting your thoughts out x

Back