Struggler looking for support

justjudith

*waves hello*
Hi.....

I KNOW SW works for me. I lost 5.5stone with green days a couple of years back.....

I'm fed up of being fat and forty - I want to be fab at fifty but only have 11 months (slightly less now) to get to target. And I have been bouncing round this 5 pound this last five weeks..... and this week I KNOW I have put on as I have been binging for Britian ever since last Tuesday.

I had been steering clear of alcofrol (I'm an all or nothing type lass) but that came back into my life - as well as the sweets and cakes and sticky buns (are very bad for teeth and tums) Didn't even enjoy it.

I am doing SW online..... I just need some support as I tread this path. I used to go to group but got nothing out of the experience in the end. Although I might try again once my online membership period has ended.

Enough of my moaning - I do try to be as positive as possible and try not to get too stressed out. I take meds for mental health issues and I'm sure the tablets increase your appitite.

Ah well....

Better toddle off to bed

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

Hi,

I take meds for mental health too so I understand how they play havoc with appetite and gaining weight having them with other meds and health probs I have to have have made me gain around 3 stone :/

Good luck and I'm here if you need to chat.

P.s. if you do binge try and get back on it as soon as possible (that's what I try to do) and I'm sure your going to be FAB at fifty!

Hi justjudith!

As you know, I've done a similar thing lately and binged far too much so I can totally relate to your post. I turn to bread, butter and cheese rather than cakes and sweets but the end results are the same! I hope that you can follow the brilliant words of wisdom you gave me and jump back on the wagon, no looking back and power on through with your weight loss journey. I'm sure you can do it! Just need to draw a line under the binge, write it off and focus on all the reasons you want to lose weight. 5.5 stone is an amazing loss and like you said, you know it works so you already know you can do it :)

Hi Judith Honey.....

try to turn the focus from the stuff you are giving up to what you love that you can have.... think of your favourite dishes and get hold of a great health eating version. That way they will be eating stuff you are really, Drooly over enjoying that might help.....

And don't forget we are here for you x:patback:

Hi Judith (my name too) :) Just want to reiterate what everyone else says, focus on what you can eat and enjoy. Go onto the website and research recipes which you would like and try new ones. We are all here to help and support, you can do this. Just keep bobbing on here hope things go better for you soon :)

Hi Judith, Sounds like you know the plan inside out with 5 1/2 stone off before. I am in a similar place, this week in going to have a go at the for and against list which is an under-used tool @ SW. Its not an easy thing to do as you have to dig deep. There are details of this on lifeline online in the tools section. I am hoping its going to give me the focus again x

Thanks for all your support.....

I weighed in this morning - decided to do it at home from now on in - with a smile...... and found I had ONLY put ON 2 pounds. I was dreading weighing in and thought I had done more damage than that. So I'm releived.

I have made a fresh start - I will be doing some affirmations and visualisation - along with a for and against list.... and I am finaly focusing on being a lean mean s*x machine and being totally fit come next July.

I also have made a pledge to myself to get in at least 5,000 steps a day on my pedometer - and with giving Pickle a decent walk I got in over 8,000 today and yesterday.

I'm feeling more positive than I have of late.... maybe coming out of hiding isn't such a bad idea after all.

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

Back