Struggling - always grumpy!

Hello,

I have struggled with my weight since I was 18 (I just turned 29!) I've just finished my first week with weight watchers and I lost 3lbs. The problem is I'm finding I'm always grumpy and fed up about being on a diet and yet I can quite easily stick to it, I just hate it and can't shake off being negative :(

Does anyone have any tips for staying positive and happy whilst dieting? If anyone is going through the same feelings it would be good to support each other :)

Jo x

5'7"
SW 13st 3lbs
CW 11st 10lbs
GW 10st

Hello,

I have struggled with my weight since I was 18 (I just turned 29!) I've just finished my first week with weight watchers and I lost 3lbs. The problem is I'm finding I'm always grumpy and fed up about being on a diet and yet I can quite easily stick to it, I just hate it and can't shake off being negative :(

Does anyone have any tips for staying positive and happy whilst dieting? If anyone is going through the same feelings it would be good to support each other :)

Jo x

5'7"
SW 13st 3lbs
CW 11st 10lbs
GW 10st

I can't help too much with in the meantime, but stick it out until you see a difference, it really hits home then.
I'm not too sure about WW, but on SW if I'm ever really doesn't it helps to have something that FEELS naughty, but isn't, a tweak of sorts, whatever a normal comfort food is, tweak it to fit the plan! If you fancy a pizza, improvise a base wit healthy toppings, a Chinese can easily be made at home, as can a curry. Even just a frozen chocolate bar to nibble on helps.

I know dieting sucks, you you need to remember every time you're feeling down that you're here for a reason and that reason will only get bigger if you don't help yourself, eventually things will get better, you can loosen the strings a little, indulge a tad more - it helps to picture events, are you losing weight for an occasion? I know, for example, that in 4 weeks I have a wedding to go to, and I will be eating pizza, but I need to avoid pizza till that event or I'll feel self conscious at it! Think small steps!
X

Back