Struggling...day 5

sjcolhoun

:wave_cry:Hi all, at day 5 and have been really lucky as i havent had any headaches or felt to bad, but yest i was really hungry, hub went shopping and all i could smell when he got back was fresh bread...a killer...ended up going to bed early so got through it...today feeling the same, so came on here for more inspiration, as i said in past thread i have done this before about 5 yr ago, but i do think second time around it is harder ...any how...fingers crossed i can get through this 1st week x

Go for walks, clean the house, try on all the clothes that don't fit you. Take pictures of yourself to see what you don't like and feel good cos you're making a change!!! Meet a friend and go for coffee, drink lots and lots of water and come on here and look at all the inspirational photos.

That's what I do, and it worked for me xxx

Thanx for the advice, i must admit coming on here really helps. Cleaning i think is a good idea, as house could def do with it lol x

Day 5 was my worst but still nothing to how bad I felt when I looked in the mirror in my undies - it made getting through the day easier for me as I knew it was all going to be worth it. keep blogging and do try the peppermint tea - I've found it a lifesaver and having it cold from the fridge has made a great alternative to boring old water

Everyone has THAT day around day 4-5, the horrible one that is the worst and it is the day before you start feeling great, the day your body is going into full Ketosis. See it as a good thing not a bad one as things will only get better after today, just get through it!

It is my second time round as well. I have actually found it easier mentally because last time (2 yrs ago) I didn't know what I was getting into, I just thought, ah heck I'll give that a go. This time I prepared myself mentally for the challange of the dreaded first week, I feel great now after being on it for over 2 weeks and I now know that I have to research properley the exact route I am going to take when it comes to refeeding. Last time I came off it, I went on an all day bender with the lads, drinking Lager and eating takeaways...BIG MISTAKE...ended up back at the beginning again, finally realised this is a chance to have a lifestyle change and retrain my bad habits.

So chin up, get through today and you know tomorrow will be a brighter day!

Did it slow down your weight loss Pete?

Just a little bit, LOL, I think I took in more carbs the day after I came off LT than what I would have done for the whole 3 weeks I was on it. This time I'm doing 5 weeks and hoping for 2 1/2 stone loss, but more importantly, I want to keep it off, I am determined to keep it off, I will keep it off!!!

Just get through the next two days and you should be ok. This first week always has bad days, i felt like giving up practically everyday. Go for a long bath, buy magazines, read them, clean, take a walk, and like someone else said try your clothes on, see which ones you can get into next, and keep them out so you can keep trying them on.

Back