Struggling near target...join us for encouragment

Wow well done opnly 2lbs to go!! Woohoo! Well done sleepybird!!I had a 100% day yesterday, no picking or nibbling, feeling good today!

Lol, enough already with the skinnybird!!:p
It is hammered about the importance of drinking water on the forum, but i think i have just realised how important it really is. Even when eating normal food.
You are being very good on sticking to the 1000 plan, am almost a bit ashamed to say i went straight from 810 to eating an uncalculated caloried amount of food again but i do try and eat healthy and watch my portion sizes. Whilst on 810, i changed CDCs as i didn't feel confident with the one i had and her approach (flog me as much CD products as i could be persuaded to buy and stay on 810) and wanted to be taken properly through the steps. However, my current CDC told me just to have 1 CD product a day and to make up the rest of my 1900 cal allowance a day with just any type of foods i wanted. That took some getting my head around, i can tell you!
But, (apart from indulgent weekend lol) it seems to be working and the weight is staying off and i have even lost weight by just eating normal foods on my own little twisted "step".
Am I on my own here? Anyone else not following the steps exactly?
Ps Katy, part of my post disappeared mid type...whats the problem? Are we being monitored by the Government who are fearing a huge weightloss backlash?? :hijack:

Hi Sleepy/Skinny!
Ah, so it's not just me with the disappearing posts!!!

My CDC hasn't actually worked up the steps herself, she went from 810 to 2 packs & a meal of whatever she likes, but has put weight back on which is a bit scary for me. She must be adding lots of little cheats and having high-fat/carb/sugar meals. But I too feel a bit 'on my own' for this bit, and am trying hard to take advice from the maintainer gals. My natural inclination would probably be to do as you are doing & hope for best, but I am a bit scared to right now. I do have to tweak the steps a little though as like Trip I am veggie. So... following the steps, but my way? Does that make sense?

I think lots of people do jump straight to eating normally, but the difference is their normal & yours may not be the same... you have obviously come a long way in re-educating yourself with eating/food. You are an inspiration Sleepy and I love your can-do attitude and the way you see things as they are... you're a true maintainer, steps or no steps.

xxx

Aw, thank you Katy. Back atcha!
I think by now, my glyco stores must have re filled or whatever they do and its up to me to not eat too much and put weight back on.
There is nothing im avoiding food wise so i hope this is it now and its just healthy eating 90% of the time from now on.
I have still been losing inches too so i think its working. Yes, it makes sense what you are doing re "tweaking" the diet to fit into your life style. You are doing great and are refreshingly honest with your thoughts and sometimes, slightly bumpy ride. This helps me for sure and no doubt, countless others who have their suspicions that its not all plain sailing at the end of SS/SS+/810 etc.
Its not plain sailing at all but we will get there. This will be the norm, im determined. I too will continue to "cough" my ups and downs as there is no shame or judgement here and seeing it written down, often helps to process it for me and the superb advice often puts things into proportion when all seems lost. Yay Minimins! xx

I know, I think you are 'there' chick, wherever 'there' might be!!! And that is my aim too, to be eating 'normally' but healthily 90% of time and build in some wriggle room for the rest of the time! So I can still have occasional drinks, cake, rich food etc. One day!

Minis has been such a lifeline for me, and being honest on the threads acts as the voice of my conscience sometimes... whatever I do, i know I have to admit to it later! So maybe that reins me in a bit! I wouldn't have survived this far without the support and advice from others on here, so I second that.... yay minis!!!

xxx

I know, I think you are 'there' chick, wherever 'there' might be!!! And that is my aim too, to be eating 'normally' but healthily 90% of time and build in some wriggle room for the rest of the time! So I can still have occasional drinks, cake, rich food etc. One day!

Minis has been such a lifeline for me, and being honest on the threads acts as the voice of my conscience sometimes... whatever I do, i know I have to admit to it later! So maybe that reins me in a bit! I wouldn't have survived this far without the support and advice from others on here, so I second that.... yay minis!!!

xxx

i have to second that, I am aiming for that (0% of the time too, and with out minis Id have struggled.By the time I get weighed on Friday morning I should be at 25 BMI so might start working on 810, although Ill still be 1/2 a stone off target. Im really worried TBH about the steps, I just cant wait to eat healthily, and smaller portions.

Don't be scared Hels, just jump in and do it... the steps are where a lot of the learning has been, for me. BMI 25 is the right time to start 810, and you can still lose plenty of weight on that step so don't be scared... I lost over a stone and a half on that step. Go for it... we can do this!

xxx

Afternoon. It's good to see how motivated everyone is today.
Well done skinny you are nearly back to target again. Thats where I want to be good most of the time and when I need to indulge I can.
Hels as Katy says I think you just have to go for it. I loved 810 and could easily stay on it. The meal at night kept me going. Bite the bullet and go for it girl

Day Three
After a morning at the Drs with my son and shopping (remind me never to push a double buggy and pull a trolley around the supermarket EVER again!) I've had to gulp down loads of water. I'm not sure if I am hungry or just think I am. Ive had soup and jelly for my dinner and looking forward to a meal tonight. Happy to report I have lost another 3lbs though. So thats 7.5lbs in two days and Im back in the 10s again:D

Afternoon. It's good to see how motivated everyone is today.
Well done skinny you are nearly back to target again. Thats where I want to be good most of the time and when I need to indulge I can.
Hels as Katy says I think you just have to go for it. I loved 810 and could easily stay on it. The meal at night kept me going. Bite the bullet and go for it girl

Day Three
After a morning at the Drs with my son and shopping (remind me never to push a double buggy and pull a trolley around the supermarket EVER again!) I've had to gulp down loads of water. I'm not sure if I am hungry or just think I am. Ive had soup and jelly for my dinner and looking forward to a meal tonight. Happy to report I have lost another 3lbs though. So thats 7.5lbs in two days and im back in the 10s:D

Trip, that's double-trouble... two posts! Something very odd is going on after my disappearing post last night! Is minis haunted?

Well done on your loss... that is amazing!!!! You are racing away!

xxx

Crazy, chin up... the weight WILL go, it can't not. Totm will be slowing things, but you may even surprise yourself and get a loss after your holiday, even with the extra 1000 food... don't stress, it will all even itself out. Have a brilliant time and enjoy Nandos (chip-free) and Portugal! We will be thinking of you with envy!

xxx

Thankyou hun!! Im gona miss minimims and being able to keep focused and motivated tho.. but apparently we may have internet there!! Oh gosh hehe

You can send us day-by-day reports of sun, sea, sangria... or whatever it is in Portugal... we will all be green with envy!

xxx

WOW, Trip thats fantastic, well done you!!!Carzylilblondie...........have a fab holiday I LOVE portugal! We go to Bulgaria in 6 weeks and I want to be well established with food and Im going to aim to STS if not loose, want loads of swimming and walking and running around after the kidsand healthy yummy food (I love Bulgarian food) and wont drink too much like I usually do on holiday lol!

sorry I was awol yesterday, I was on a course, then went straihjt to the gym, when I got home my daughter needed the comp for her A level course work.

well done on the loss trip
enjoy your hols crazy

I'm just getting ready for an interview for a new job, speak later

oooh good Luck Trisha with the interview! The Wii said I had lost 1 lb its WI on friday morning......Im hoping its more than a pound lol!!!

I hope everyone has a sucessful day today x

WOW, Trip thats fantastic, well done you!!!Carzylilblondie...........have a fab holiday I LOVE portugal! We go to Bulgaria in 6 weeks and I want to be well established with food and Im going to aim to STS if not loose, want loads of swimming and walking and running around after the kidsand healthy yummy food (I love Bulgarian food) and wont drink too much like I usually do on holiday lol!

Oohh what kind of food is Bulgarian?

Lost another lb this morning, one more to go to get me back to where I was! :D Good luck with the interview Trisha x

Ummhhh how did I post twice when sometimes it wont let me post at all:confused:

Thank you hels and well done on your loss
Oohh what kind of food is Bulgarian?
Yes tell us please, sounds very interesting.

Good luck with your interview Trisha:)

Hope eveyone has a good day, the sun is shinning here and im off for coffee with my best buddy:cool:

Day Four
Confession time, im not in the no nibble club any more:cry:Yesterday I had no routine, with drs, shopping and daughters swimming lessons and ended up nibbling cheese, crackers and farm house cake (yum yum.) I didnt have over my calorie allowance as my main meal was a few pieces of quorn in balsamic vinegar, on the run. The scales this morning show a 0.8 loss, Yay again.

Back