Struggling Newbie (Slimming World)

Pebz

Hello all!
I'm New to Slimming World, been there since 28.7.11.
When I started I weighed 257.5 (18st 5.5lbs), on my first week I lost 6.5lbs and on my second I stayed the same, this week, I've been pigging out and cant seem to get on track again, I dont want to give up, especially as I've just started but I need some kind of boost.
How do I stay on track when my mum and sister are both off track and are unsimpathetic to the fact I actually want to be a normal weight for my height? :confused: -Feels a Failure-

It's hard when people around you don't understand. My family are all skinny and seem to be able to eat whatever they like.

I'm doing this for me though and it's only me that can change the way I look and feel about myself.

The best thing you can do is plan. Decide what foods you want to eat. Try talking to your mum about how you feel and ask her to help you. If she still doesn't understand, make your own meals.

Write what you eat on here and we'll all help you :)

Hello!
I know how hard it is being a newbie, don't be so hard on yourself, at the end of the day, you are trying a completely new thing and everyone has hard days and weeks. Personally, Ive been off track for 2 years!
I agree with Tilly on this one: plan your meals and snacks, that way it will be easier to stay on track. Also, when i first started, i made a point of going through the syns book and working out the syns for all my favourite foods. That way, I found it easier to stay on track, as I knew that I could eat my favourite foods without losing track.
Just remember: You are NOT failure! You are doing something very brave here by trying to change something you are not happy about!
Good luck, and well done for the fantastic initial weight loss!
Charlotte xx

You are not a failure. Its not easy. Its a case of plodding on drawing a line each time it goes wrong. I had to draw a line today as ate my weight in choccie :( we are all here to help you. Can you prepare your own meals> We are here to help and support you if you want us okay? xxxxx

Keep your chin up and jump back on...start the next day a fresh...it's never too late to want to change and please do not let others pull you off track...this is your journey and you need to on on ahead with or without their support....BUT YOU HAVE US!!! we will support you and get you through the tough days, just talk to us when you are finding it hard and we will help you along!

I am on this journey with you and I plan on going all the way, so hop on board and lets get going!!!

Krazi xxx

I know what it's like to fall off the wagon, the important thing is that YOU want to get back on, remember you're doing this for yourself. Talk to your Mum and sister about how you are feeling, that might be enough to get them on the wagon with you. Good luck x x

Back