struggling on 1000

hobekat

Hi, I am on 1000 this week and finding it really hard. I did two weeks on 810 which was great, no problem at all and still lost four pounds. On 1000 and following exactly but hungry and tempted all the time, also scales look like I have put a pound on. Been doing it since Tuesday and really thinking about going back to 810. Ive lost three stone but could easily loose another stone. Got holiday at end of May and trying to be off completly before I go.....

anyone else struggle on 1000?????:wave_cry::wave_cry:

Hiya,

Weird enough I didn't struggle much on 1000. I really started having blips on the higher steps.. I guess it's quite tempting, all that food and no longer being in ketosis and all ;-)

The weight you've gained is glycogen. Because you've eaten low carb, you have lost a lot of waterweight too. Some of this will come on again when you start eating carbs on 1000 plan. So please don't worry about that pound and don't let it mess it all up for you hon!!

Stay strong!!

xx

Hi thought I would Bump this up as I am the same and only just found this thread. I'm Struggling on what to eat and my choices seem to be the bad ones....like 100 calories on a bag of low fat crisps or choc bar instead of fruit. Any suggestions from maintainers or anyone on the 1000 plan.:)

Hi Triple - well done on your losses!

Do you have the yellow CD book? It tells you exactly what you can and can't have on the 1000 step and regrettably empty cals such as "low fat" crisps and choc aren't in there ;).

If you try and approach the higher plans as being as much a part of CD with rules to be followed as, say, not deviating from Sole Source then you'll find it much easier in the long run. It's the sneaky food swaps that will cause you problems and prolong your journey.

By the way I put on 1lb after my first week on 1000 but lost 3lb the week after even though I did the same thing both weeks.

Good luck with it xx

Thanks serena. My brain knows what I should be doing it's my tastebuds that dont. The 1000 3b plan is awful for veggies the only option is a pasta dish. There is no protein option! Talked about this with my CDC and he did not really know and said to just add the quorn! I really can't eat pasta for the next two weeks x

If you try and approach the higher plans as being as much a part of CD with rules to be followed as, say, not deviating from Sole Source then you'll find it much easier in the long run. It's the sneaky food swaps that will cause you problems and prolong your journey.

Absolutely. It needs even more of a level of commitment as SS and just as it gets hard when you deviate on SS, it's the same with 1000.

[/QUOTE]

The 1000 3b plan is awful for veggies the only option is a pasta dish. There is no protein option! Talked about this with my CDC and he did not really know and said to just add the quorn! I really can't eat pasta for the next two weeks x

Yes, I do agree. It just doesn't seem to cater for veggies at all. There are two protein options that would be veggie from what I can see. The walnut stuff mushrooms and the quorn burgers and salad. Have you tried them?

Also you really need to get your CDC to contact Cambridge. I know they had other plans for vegans, or I bet they'll have some alternatives written down somewhere.

If enough people ask for perfectly acceptable things like this, then they'll be more inclined to sort something out in future books.

1000 plan

On the 1000 plan , you can choose any meal up to a value of 460 kcal.It does not have to be one of the recipes from the yellow CD weight care with cambridge book. As long as you stay within the 1000 kcal plan , you can make yourself any meal for dinner which is nutritious and balance.
Crisps and chocs are not good as they cause increased sugar levels to paek and then drop suddenly which can cause increased hunger.
Hope this helps.

Yes, I do agree. It just doesn't seem to cater for veggies at all. There are two protein options that would be veggie from what I can see. The walnut stuff mushrooms and the quorn burgers and salad. Have you tried them?
These are on the 1200 plan not the 1000 :-( I would kill for a quorn burger lol.
Also you really need to get your CDC to contact Cambridge. I know they had other plans for vegans, or I bet they'll have some alternatives written down somewhere.
I emailed them myself on Monday but still heard nothing. I will ask him and see if he can get an answer. Thanks KD:D
Crisps and chocs are not good as they cause increased sugar levels to paek and then drop suddenly which can cause increased hunger.
Ive noticed:ashamed0005: and will try as stick to fruit or seeds. Thanks for the meal tip I will have a look around for some recipes to try.

I hate mushrooms, but thanks for the suggestion. CD had emailed me 2 more recipes but I cant open them on my laptop. When I get on my computer I will post them :)

Dammit I was gonna suggest mushroom stroganoff but that one's obviously out of the window now...

How about a veggie curry with rice or have you done that to death already? Or stuffed courgette/marrow? xx

Back