Green Days Struggling really badly :(

PinkToaster

Silver Member
Hi everyone, I've been doing SW since 28/2/13 which is the second time I have joined a group, but probably the 10th time I've tried SW as I did it from home for a while. Even though I joined 5 months ago I still not have achieved my 1st stone award. I got my half stone quite quickly, and after that my weight loss ground to a halt. I would be having 100% weeks, but I would always have a small gain, maintain, or occasionally a 1/2lb loss. This is with regular exercise 3x a week. My consultant suggested snacking at 11am to keep my metabolism up, which did help and gave me a 1.5lb loss one week. But then she stopped doing her evening groups which meant a new consultant, a new location and a new day - Tuesdays. Which means I can't stay to group as I have Zumba. And I really don't want to miss it as I really enjoy it. The new consultant is lovely but I'm not feeling as motivated for some reason. I feel like if my efforts would reflect my losses then I'd be further into my journey and a loss of motivation would be more understandable, but as it happens I'm still at the beginning of my journey. I need to lose 5.5 stones to get to my goal, and I've lost 12.5lbs. My motivation and enthusiasm has gone from 100% to 0%. I find it impossible to have a 100% on plan week because something always crops up. And I struggle to get back on plan the next day which is something I never had a problem with before. This week I planned to go to the gym on Friday as that is the day I'm most likely to give into binge cravings, so I had a plan! Then last night everything went wrong with our evening meal, I resisted going out and tried to cook an on plan meal and everything just went wrong, and I ended up a sobbing mess on the floor because I'm trying so hard and am experiencing road blocks at every turn. Sorry for the massive wall of text but I really need help. I'm not sure if I should text my C because she hasn't been that helpful in the past. I just don't know what to do, I don't want to give up, I really don't. I want to be happy and healthy. I've been on plan today which is good but I'm still upset over not having a good week because I desperately want my stone award.

Have you even considered doing a red day or extra easy day? or even changing your hex a & b?
sometimes a wee shake up can help.
I know that the weeks i change something like not having as much pasta or my hex a & b i get a decent loss. I think you body gets used to what its having you could give it a wee shake?xx

I find it impossible to have a 100% on plan week because something always crops up.

And herein lies the problem! If you really, really want to succeed then you are going to have to give some serious thought as to how you can avoid these things that seem to 'crop up'. What exactly went wrong with the evening meal last night? if you give us some idea of the things that are stopping you succeeding, we might be able to help more! I do know how you feel, as I had success this time round with SW, but it must've been my 25th (at least!) attempt to stick to it!

I only do green days because I'm a vegetarian but I do it as though it's EE because I always have my 1/3 superfree. I could cut back to 1 healthy extra each, I do try to change it up with different things but now summer's here you never fancy things like porridge or weetabix! I change it up at the weekend with different foods.

I've limited myself to pasta 1 day a week because I know it's high calorie even though it's on plan.

To be honest you shouldn't need to cut back on the Healthy Extras or limit your pasta, potatoes, rice etc as they are all part of the plan. It sounds like there are matters cropping up all the time that need to be sorted before you can 100% stay to plan and start to lose again as it's definitely not green days that are failing you :) You need to re-visit why you want to lose in the first place and see yourself at target, losing weight is such an amazing feeling with wonderful benefits, plus when you're paying to attend class/do it online then that is motivation enough sometimes to know that you are paying for it, so need to stick with it?

And herein lies the problem! If you really, really want to succeed then you are going to have to give some serious thought as to how you can avoid these things that seem to 'crop up'. What exactly went wrong with the evening meal last night? if you give us some idea of the things that are stopping you succeeding, we might be able to help more! I do know how you feel, as I had success this time round with SW, but it must've been my 25th (at least!) attempt to stick to it!

I came home from work and didn’t know what to cook, then My boyfriend came home and he’d had a bad day job wise and food wise so we still couldn’t decide, and so he suggested we go out for food (which shows how bad a day he must have had cause he never tries to make me go off plan.)
 So I decide no, I’m gonna have a good day and make pasta. I’ve been trying to have less pasta but I’m desperate and at least it’s on plan. Open the cupboard. No pasta. But I see some lasagne sheets so I start to make lasagne. Take the potatoes out of the cupboard for slimming world chips and… Oh look two huge bags of pasta.
 Oh well I’ve started lasagne so I’ll finish. I par cook the sheets and fry some onion and garlic, make up a nice sauce, go to the fridge…
No mozzarella.
I rang my boyfriend to see if he could pick up mozzarella but he wasn't answering.
It's my own fault for not planning ahead and I should have just eaten the weird cheeseless lasagne to stay on plan, but I was at the point where I was just crying because I was so hungry and desperately wanted to stay on plan but I kept having roadblocks thrown at me.

I'm gonna make a week plan and write down a meal for each weeknight so that this doesn't happen again.

The usual roadblocks are social events like birthday meals (got 2 coming up in the next 2 weeks) and struggling to get back on plan the next day, which used to be no problem.

I think, as you've said above, that the key is planning. Also, what about writing down exactly everything you're eating in a week and showing it to your consultant if you've not lost anything? Is there another class in your area on a different day that you could stay to? I think if you are struggling it might be best to stay to Image Therapy, even if it means missing your Zumba for a few weeks just until you get the support you need and the results.

Sorry forgot to say, you can still have meals out on the plan. Tomato based pasta dishes would be good for you as you do green days. Vegetarian lasagne, salads with lots of superfree. I find if I go out and have a lot to drink I want to eat my own weight in junk food when I get home, and the following day so really struggle to get back on plan! So for me, I need to weigh up if drinking is worth it on a night out or plan in advance and have free food I can snack on when I get home.

You sound exactly like me. I did green 100% for 4 months and lost a total of 4lbs. Now granted I am a slow loser, but I did figure out what the issue is for me so it might be similar for you. It actually is the green plan and the fact I was able to have an extra a and b. I switched to EE (I'm not vegetarian, but love my pasta more than meat) and you can too you'll just have to use quorn etc for meat substitute.

I've now started to lose better, but still very slow on EE. My advice is switch to EE with using meat substitutes (or none at all) and just have one a and b and 1/3 superfree with all meals. You can get your superfree by making soup with only superfree veggies in it which is what is on the hob at the moment for myself.

Try it for a week and see how you get on. I've also had to increase my cardio exercise as well. If you go to my diary at the end entries I have Xs and each one represents one session of 30 day shred. Some days I've done it twice, others only once, but I find if I track it with what I eat then I am in a habit to at least do it once a day as it's now part of my eating plan. Works for me at least.

You're not alone, come and moan to me if you like I totally understand!

last year i lost 12.5lb in 9 months so know how you feel! However I found my problem was pasta, and it does make me gain weight even if it is on plan. I'm sure you'll find a solution, but the key first is to find your reason to stick to plan and not let those road blocks get to you, as with an road block there is usually a directed route, it just takes a little longer to reach the destination.

Don't really know what to say other than stick at it, we all have down days but it's how you deal with them that is key.
How about making sure you have something quick to snack on if something does end up going wrong? I always have savoury rice and pasta cooked up and in the fridge for a quick meal if i can't be bothered or don't have the time. You can add little bits of veg to them too as your superfree.

As for meals out, it's really easy to stick to plan when you are out... Nando's has been a lifesaver for me whenever friends/family suggest us going out for something to eat as there are plenty of SW friendly dishes you can have there.

Chin up, it does get better. x

Back