Struggling to drink my water!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Ricepop, 16 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Ricepop

Ricepop Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The past 3 or 4 days I've really found it difficult to drink my water, I've got flavouring but even that's putting me off now!

Any tips?? I'm only managing 3 litres a day and want it to be 4.

Gemx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

What size bottles are you drinking from? or you drinking from a glass? I drink 500ml and refil from a 2litre from the fridge. I find the 500ml easier to drink and seem to drink it effortlessly as if i had a one litre bottle it would seem like forever drinking it. sam with 750ml at least this way i can keep track so 8 500ml bottles is 4litres hope this helps.

Id say everyone has a diff way but this is what works for me. I really struggled to in the begining in week one i drank 2.5l daily, week 2 drank 3, week 4 drank 3.5litre. and now on 4litre a day but i could drink more if i wanted :)

4. Diva2B

Diva2B Striving to be good.....

Diet:
    Cambridge [allegedly :o)]
    This little piggy goes wee wee wee all the way home!

Me too,,, I seriously struggle to drink the water......
    have bought a big jar of decaffeinated coffee and just keep on drinking that.
    Water to me, (unless i am really thirsty) takes some shifting to get down. Specially the amount we need to drink.

And the amount that I do drink makes me feel like the little piggy who goes wee wee wee all the way home! How do others cope????

5. PAMTHEBAM1

PAMTHEBAM1 Full Member

Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE DIET
    i find the 500ml with sports cap so much easier to consume i drink about 5 litres a day as i work 12 hour shifts it keeps me going , i call my water bottles my security blanket lol ;)

6. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

all thats in my fridge girls is water and shakes haha!!! I hate water with a passion but we have to drink it so keep glugging...

7. Diva2B

Diva2B Striving to be good.....

Diet:
    Cambridge [allegedly :o)]
    FIVE LITRES yowsa! well done you......

8. Ricepop

Ricepop Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    At work I take 2 x 2ltr bottles and use a large glass which I top up - I can't refill a bottle at work I'd ending up probably spilling!!!

At home I've got a 1ltr bottle at home that I refill from the tap - this seems the easiest as it's only 4 refills but still, I can't seem to get the last one in and I HATE drinking late at night cause then I have to get up in the night for the loo and I'm not good on broken sleep!!!!!

Gemx

9. _Razorbladelove_

_Razorbladelove_ Powdered Toast Man

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Just keep a 1 or 2ltr bottle next to you all the time, and fill it up when ever its empty...

10. Changing_In2_A_Butterfly

Changing_In2_A_Butterfly Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    i've noticed at first i was constantly thirsty but now i hardly want to drink any water.

11. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

12. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I struggle so much with the water drinking, but am hoping I will manage better once I can have the flavours. at the mo, im only managing 2 1/4-3 litres per day

13. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find I have managed better since using water at room temperature. Iced cold water is hard for me to get down at the mo.

14. userfourtwenty

userfourtwenty Banned

Diet:
    Cambridge
    God, I retch when drinking thr water, it's awful. I seldom manage two litres even. I have to hold my nose and just glug then put up with about two minutes of retching haha!! However, my CDC who is also a RGN tells me how vital the water is, it is as important as cutting things out. She says it's as important as the shake!! Still bloomin grim!!

15. Melaniep

Melaniep Member

I have good and bad days, I actaully reached 4 litres on Thursday. I used to drink 4-5 litres a day last time, but I just cannot manage it anymore, even with the flavouring

16. sassey50kg

sassey50kg determined to be thin!

I only make myself drink 3 Ltr. I actually enjoy drinking this much. Anymore and I would have to buy tena pants!!!! (I am a childless 30yr old)

17. userfourtwenty

userfourtwenty Banned

Diet:
    Cambridge

LOL me too, well I am thirty in April. No desire to reproduce at all LOL! I find the water intake more stressful than the food abstinence!!!
    :cry:

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I can totally relate to that. I used to drink 4-5 litres when I was on LL. God knows how.

20. userfourtwenty

userfourtwenty Banned

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I can not believe anyone can drink more than two litres and not lose the will to live LOL!! It is GRIM, awful stuff!! I can't do black tea so I have to have a dribble of skimmed milk which I know won't help with the ketosis! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!

21. fiona78

fiona78 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(11.88%)
    Have you tried drinking through a straw?
    Kitteh suggested it a while ago and it definitely works for me!
    I'm usually a little naughty though and add sugar-free squash. Not recommended for SS but for me it doesn't affect ketosis.

xxx

22. userfourtwenty

userfourtwenty Banned

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Oh right, i suppose a tiny dribble of sugar free squash won't kill it all too much. Better a diddy dribble and drink lots more water than no squash and not enough water!!! Does anyone else use a diddy bit of sugar free squash on SS?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.